Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

One for Mr Quigley.....

DONKEY LEADS MARCH ON FRENCH GP
Last Updated: Friday, 01, July, 2005, 15:09

This weekend’s French Grand Prix could be disrupted by protesters closing in on the Magny-Cours circuit and threatening to cause traffic chaos.

A march led by regular activist Francois Schneider and his donkey Jujube is reported to be only a few miles from the circuit.

The protesters are calling for the cancellation of the race, which they regard as an orgy of consumerist decadence.

“The French Formula 1 Grand Prix is a paroxysm of pollution and the wasting of natural resources,” the organisation said on its website.

“We want the end of this anachronistic leisure activity reserved for a score of spoilt rich brats.”

The non-violent march set off from Lyons with 130 people on June 7 and has been covering 10 miles per day. It will go to Nevers tonight and tomorrow will head south on the main road to the track.

The protest is apparently being supported by veteran anti-globalisation campaigner and eco-warrior Jose Bove, who famously trashed a McDonald’s restaurant in Millau in 1999 on the grounds that “eating is not a neutral act”.

The French GP has been threatened by protests before. The first race held at Magny-Cours in 1991 was hit by a lorry drivers’ blockade but the race went ahead despite considerable disruption to traffic.

:hehe:

Seriously though if this causes any disruption so soon after Indy the image will take a big battering.

Comments

• Call in the Legion!
  • i don't mind that at the midts of a race a naked protestor goes running on the track with a sort of biblical banner... the safety car will come in and the cars are compacted once again!:D