Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

London 2012

That's good, i've got a decent reason to travel there when i'm 38, and they speak english. :angel:

Reading espn.com, it seems the Spaniards didn't take the loss too well, much worse than the French who should rightly feel a mite disappointed.

Comments

• does that mean that london will get even more expensive?:rolleyes:
  • oh, london, nice to see the olympic games in a new place... pfff, boring.
  • Check this out - it may be just a conspiracy theory but I found it funny.

The other day/week Jacques Chirac made a "funny" that the only food worse than British was Finnish (or words to that effect)

There were two Finns on the Olympic site selection committee!
  • The Games should next be awarded to a South American city, if one would/could step up and put in a strong bid. They've never had them, Mexico being the closest port of call.

Putting on my patriotic hat, i'd like to see Melbourne bid again. The Sydney Olympics are still the benchmark and we Australians know what to do to get things right. :)

Forgive my extension of overt bias, but it would have really shitted me to see New York get them. The Americans get the Olympics far, far too often..... and they find a way to fuck them up everytime.
  • We've found a use for the Millenium Dome! image
  • London was always going to win:

a) Because I wanted them to;

b) All the Commonwealth Countries (not sure about Canada) voted for them; and

c) half of the London Olympic Committee are Australian. There was no way they were going to lose.

Don't be so glum salvo! Last Olympics in London was 1948. It's about time it returned. With the size and cost of staging Olympics, it really narrows the cities that can host them.
  • Well as Billy Connelly eloquently put it, "Let's have one rainy Olympics and then fuck back to somwhere sunny."

Congrats to London.
  • Forza London.

We won because, unlike Paris, we didn't arrogantly assume it was ours and because Seb Coe played a blinder - re-selling the Olympic spirit to IOC delegates and telling the tale of how he became inspired to run.

The London Olympics will be fab and, salvo, we deserve a fair crack at them as 1948 only happened because no-one else would or could host them. London did its best against great adversity.

See you all in 2012.

[Edited on 7/7/2005 by viges]