Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

British Race

Eat shit, Jordan. :D

Comments

• hmmm. I think they'll be saying that to us.

Albers 55 secs behind Monteiro
    Paddy 99 secs behind Monteiro
  • James Allen is a tool. Here he is saying both Jordans were out! They were showing Karth, but he was talking of Monteiro being out too - I thought he must have been viewing other pictures that we weren't being shown. Can't he tell the diff between their helmets?

:spank:
  • FISICHELLA, AGAIN...
    HE DESERVED THAT PODIUM, RENAULT SUCKS

BRAVO MONTOYA, NICE RACE
  • What a shame for Fisichella!!:spank:
    The guy derserve's more then this!
    Albers again more then 40 second ahead of Patrick:rolleyes:, not a good performance if you are having problems with your sponsors, its a shame that Patrick his F1 ends here!
  • Methinks it's Fisi's fault maybe... I don't think they'd allow a problem to occur 2 races in a row.
  • last time renault said both the problems were team's fault. So, I guess it's the same today.
  • we are achieving very badly at the start! why? the jordans fly past us every time.
  • Some answers to your questions:
    British G.P. - The race

ACCORDING TO PLAN

SILVERSTONE, ENGLAND, July 10, 2005

In a race marked by an exceptional level of reliability on the part of virtually all competitors, Minardi F1 Team drivers Christijan Albers and Patrick Friesacher experienced an incident-free afternoon as they took the chequered flag in today’s British Grand Prix in 18th and 19th places respectively. Both drivers stopped twice for fuel in a race that ran almost totally to plan, the only slight concern being a higher than normal gearbox temperature in Friesacher’s car. Minardi engineers kept a close eye on the telemetry as the race progressed, and fortunately, the transmission didn’t suffer any ill effects, allowing the Faenza squad to record a satisfying two-car finish in one of the most demanding Grands Prix of the year.

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS
    Position: 18
    Time: 1 min 26.182 secs Chassis: PS05/01
    “There was a bit of a problem with the start when it was unclear whether it had been aborted or not. That’s why I was slow getting away and lost the positions I had won in qualifying. I was able to overtake Patrick on the first lap to regain a position, but as I was trying to catch Monteiro, the Safety Car came out, and after it went in, I just couldn’t catch him. I’m quite happy with the result, as my lap times were pretty consistent on a circuit that doesn’t particularly suit our car at the moment”.

PATRICK FRIESACHER
    Position: 19
    Time: 1 min 26.489 secs Chassis: PS05/02
    “It was good to finish the race, but it was quite difficult from about one-third distance, when the traffic on some laps meant you lost up to six seconds compared with your normal lap time. Some drivers were two-stopping and some three, and as a result, there seemed to be traffic around me for much of the time, which disturbs your rhythm. Also, as a result of going off-line when other cars are passing you, your tyres often pick up debris when you run on a dirty part of the track. All of those things combined to make it a tough race today”.

PAUL STODDART, Team Principal, Minardi Cosworth

“I don’t remember the last time 19 cars completed a Grand Prix, and while a two-car finish is always pleasing, it’s clear more development is required on the car”.
    3 words for Stoddart: SCHEDULE A TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re. Fisico: it had to do with the revs. After it happened you could hear Steve Nielsen calling to Alonso on the radio that during his next pitstop he should keep his revs low,because high revving caused Fisico's car to stall!!!!

Congratulations to Juan Pablo!

Trulli should have moved earlier for Alonso, that way we might have seen a nice fight between JPM and Alonso after the last pitstop!!!
  • Funny detail: When the SC came out, Christijan set the fastest lap time of the grid..... allright, he lost it the next round, but he had it for one lap ;)
  • I myself don't understand that Renault keeps Fisichella. He has shown nothing this season after that win, and like Jello I also am tempted to think that today's problem was caused by himself.

[Edited on 10/7/2005 by Stan]
  • have you seen the past nine gps or you just read the results the day after in the newspaper?:o
  • What will happend to Pat now? Stoddie had some harsh words in austrian press and he said that there will be a decission this weekend...
  • auf wiedersehn:(
  • Well, I would prefer a "Auf Wiedersehen" to "Leb wohl" (guess you can translate that on your own^^)

But are you sure that it is over? Stoddie hat a meeting with Dornboss manager today and nothing was announced..... let's wait for tomorow, but I stay (as usual) optimistic.
  • In English please.
  • Stoddart sais that he won'T publish details of a contract, but if you wanna drive, you have to pay, if not....

The manager of Pat says that the money should be there allready and he hopes to find a solution.

Stoddarts wants to make a decission this weekend.
  • Paul Stoddart, Team Principal
    “I don’t remember the last time 19 cars completed a Grand Prix, and while a two-car finish is always pleasing, it’s clear more development is required on the car.”
    Press Release
    Minardi Cosworth

Well Don't just say it...Do it!
  • Well done JPM, at last!

Fisico, I'm afraid salvo, is doomed. He must have done something very bad in a previous life because he has no luck now.

Alonso keeps scoring away - it is very hard to see Kimi winning the title now.

Minardis off the line are now officially embarrassing.
  • That was Juan hell of a race for JPM. Kimi did really well to limit the damage, though I still don't understand why he wasn't protecting his engine at the end of race. he will need it next round.

Williams, well they have huge problems over there. I feel sorry for Mark and Nick.

Minardi, well what can you say, we need more speed, but everyone knows that. I just hope that they will try to improve this car this year.

Sauber(BMW)- Jacques did well, I liked his overtake on David.
  • @TasM: I agree, great overtake by Villeneuve.
    Montoya did well, had a perfect start and was able to deliver untill the end. Kimi was ok, because he finished 3rd, but i found the race a bit boring. Minardi were disappointing I'm afraid to say. They really have to improve otherwise we'll have some long GP's to sit out.
  • There were so few passes this race. I have how we are not doing to things in the forula.

Controling tyres and regulating areo so that it is easier to pass. There has to be a solution.........
  • I'm really starting to dislike Mika Salo. He was the assisting commentator during this weekend on Finnish television and sharing his 'expertise'.

In qualification he said that in the good old days Minardi's were three seconds from the top in qualification but now they are FIVE seconds and it is not professional anymore. Minardi should go to different racing serie in his opinion.

Furthermore he explained that Minardi car is still based on old Arrows and thought it's the same he drove (when he was at Arrows in 1998???) :spank:

what a b**tard
  • I thought the race was rather dull. Martin Brundle stated under the new regs following cars are experiencing turbulence from as far back as 100 metres. Thats around 30 car lenghts. If one considers that you only get into the tow from about 5 car lengths, one sees the problem.
    Nice of TOIT to admit they misinterpreted the regulations.
    Minardi, back to 5s off the pace around Silverstone. The sort of development they need only comes with a big sponsor.
  • Dutch SBSautosport.com stated that Stoddie called from the pitwall to our drivers that there would be a restart !!!!
    So, our drivers believed him and were surprised when everbody took off.
    That's why our start was so fücked up !
  • Can't see how that has effected every start this season. Stoddard is using the best of this race fuel situation. We pitted around lap 17 whilst the Jordan pitted on lap 22 and we still were slower in Qualifying. I think that since the PS05 has come out Stoddard has been putting less fuel in the cars for qualifying to give the illusion that we are closing the gap. When in reality if you look at the fastest laps for Britain Monteiro was 2 seconds faster than us whilst even Karthikeyan was 1 second faster than us with a heavier fuel load before he retired. The gap needs to be closed, fast. Cause next season, with our crap engines I cannot see us coming close to MIDLAND F1
  • All valid points, but I think we need to maybe scrutinise one element a little more than has been the case. I am talking about the drivers.

Albers' fastest lap of the race was 1.6 seconds slower than his qualifying pace. It is true that many drivers could not match their qualifying pace during the race which on the face of it, may be attributable to the conditions being different except that people like Massa actually bettered his qualifying time. Others were quite close to theirs. In any event, Albers was by far the worst, with his team mate recording a fastest time only .9 seconds slower than qualifying.

During the practice sessions, the Minardis were recording times pretty consistently in the 25s. That should have been their mid-fuel race pace but even their low-fuel race pace could not even come close to that number. If they had circulated in the 25s, they would have wiped the floor with Karthy-boy, not finished a lap behind him. A race pace that is more than three seconds off your practice hot-lap is rubbish in any terms.

Frankly, I have retained some doubt about the steerers since the beginning of the series. Conclusions to date from me are that Friedchicken is probably faster, but lacks the ability to interpret what the car is saying to him in regard to settings (raised earlier in the year by the Sawbones). Albers meanwhile, seems to be more of a journeyman with something of a cross between TDW and Bruni in his attitude. There was that comment during qualifying for I think Indy, when he said to Stoddart something about 'see how ell I go when the engine is allowed to produce its power', or something like that. He seems to be the sort of person who decides if the car is up to his standard or not, and drives accordingly. Look at his comment about the Jordan. 'I tried to stay with him, but lost ground'. Crappo. If you can stay with them for one lap, you can stay there (and look to overtake) for twenty.

One thing I do know (from experience as much as anything else) is that driving requires a balance of unconcious instinctive reaction, mixed with absolute focus, and a sense of the signals comming from the car. If your thoughts drift to wondering whether you can stay with the car in front, then you can guarantee that you won't.

• I don't think the drivers are really to blame, when the cars are being lapped they lose a lot of time, with the field spread out like these last two races the lapping will occur very frequently. I think Pat made mention of the problem.

There are certain tracks that Minardi will not do well where an efficient aero package is required and the other teams have much more experience; silverstone is the worst.

All the talk this season has been about getting tyres into their operating range, a problem for the best teams, how can Minardi with no testing get this right. The cars look slippery in qualification and at the start of the race and the balance changes during the race from conditions experienced in practise, suggesting there is not a consistent response from the tyre.

Minardi need to get a whole lot of tyres off bridgestone and test, test, test ...
  • If we had a 3rd driver, who was trying to break into the big league,
    that might show how the boys are going.

Also, once again, are we assured of being given good rubber by Bridgestone, or are we getting what we 'pay' for.

...and what was the outcome with "Bindgestone' on the front wing endplates??? (see British Qualifying thread)
  • IF that story about Stoddie on the 'prat perch' is true then the nickname for said position is appropriate. How can anyone predict what Charlie Whiting is going to do these days?! Yes, it should have been a restart but we know Charlie hates 'em.

re: driver motivation. It must be tough but there's no excuse for not going ten tenths. My gut feeling is they could probably push a bit harder.