Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bridgestone

Don't mean to sound stupid here. But does anyone know the exact details of the contract we have with Bridgestone. The ins and outs.

Comments

• does anyone know
    YES !
    Paul Stoddart!;)
  • We pay for our tyres. We recieve very little support. I've heard complaints that even our Bridgestone simulation models are very, very poor.
  • So why are we still sticking with them?

Surely a deal with Michellin would be better?

More teams use their tyres. I just had the feeling the other day that Maybe part of Stoddards reaction to Indy was to get onside with Michellin and also his plans for world domination via the FIA.

I thought that with Sauber switching last season that they might have offered us a better deal. Are Jordan in the same boat?

I know someone who runs a tyre shop, would probably do a good deal. Probably better tyres aswell.
  • Sorry, but i am a little bit sceptical about that we have to pay for our tyres, because if my memories are good then i can remember to a rule in the big FIA regulation book, what is said that the tires suppliers had to give their tyres absolutley free to 6 team, and if they got a 7th team than that had to pay.

But please correct me if i wrote something wrong (about the rule)

(haha, i know, someone will correct my sentences grammatically)
  • The agreement says that each tyremaker must be prepared to supply 60% of the grid. They can't turn a team down basically. They can still make them pay for the tyres though.

willie: Simple answer if that Michelin can't be arsed to supply us. We don't test enough to be of use to them and we'll simply drag down their average performance level.
  • aha, thanks for refreshing my memory
  • Paul should spend some dosh and;

1) Have Cosworth supply us with the latest and greatest spec V8 next season, with all the upgrades throughout the season.

2) Build a new chassis. Do some wind tunnel time. Heck, pay Dallara to help! Anything to improve our performances and make our way into the midfield.

3) Organise a better tyre deal. Switch to Michelin if you need to and fork out the dollars. Anything to get off the poor rubber and move up the grid.

4) Maintain continuity with the driver lineup. It would be nice for the engineers and everyone in the team to work with drivers for a longer period, rather than acclimatising to a new driver every 12 months.

5) Test more - alot more! And run a 3rd car on Fridays. If Jordan can do it, why can't we? Sure, we have a small budget, but it wont improve if our results dont improve.

And with all that, would come improved performance as well as increased income though sponsors who have noticed our increased performance!
  • Sounds like a plan from the Tom Walkinshaw School of Economics!!!
  • Sounds more like a visit from the racing fairy.
  • Sounds like something a racing team would/should do. Running 3 year old cars and being content with last place is not racing.
  • I agree. He's got to take a Gamble. Improve a little sneak into the top 8 every now and again and gradually improve the team. We don't need to be seen as the worst team in F1. That label is what causes the financial problems. If they can just take a gamble next year and beat Jordan/Midland, they've reap the benfits. It's a Calculated Gamble. But I suppose we'll just have to stick with the 'everything will be ok in 2008' plan
  • brooksey,
    it's all about money. It's all about sponsers. I am in 100% agreement with what you said. Why is it that I have seen the same comments posted all over this site by a number of people including myself but no one at Minardi who handles the cash in-cash out seems to understand those simple concepts?