Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Jenson Button

What a tosser. :rolleyes:

Comments

• He's English.

Oh, hang on ...

P1, in fairness, he wanted to leave BAR following zero assurances of a works engine. He was also done few favours by his then manager.
  • 1. Frank Williams brought him into F1.
    2. Jenson was aware that he would have to change teams as Frank had a commitment to JPM before he decided to run Jenson.
    3. Jenson was found another team in Bennetton.
    4. Jenson was booted from Bennetton, and picked up the only remaining 'competitive' seat at BAR.
    5. Villeneuve left, Willis joined, BAR suddenly a force thanks to gun Honda engine and David Richards/Geoff Willis know-how.
    6. Jenson does well.
    7. Jenson wants to leave BAR for Williams - in fact was desperate to leave BAR for Williams, 12 months ago.
    8. Jenson about to shit all over Williams now that Frank really needs Jenson, for sponsorship and credibilty purposes and to ensure a strong presence beside Webber in '06.
    9. P1 calls Jenson's loyalty into question, let alone his respect for the contract that Frank has with Jenson.

10. Jenson forced to join Williams, or sit out. Joins Williams begrudgingly, and wins FIWDC in 2006 as the Williams Cosworth turns out to be a complete powerhouse.

What the fuck is Button doing? Who advises this nutbag? The British F1 media seems to be carping that he remain at BAR and ignore the Williams contract, seemingly simply because it's in their interest to have Button in a car that's seen as a 'winning' car. I would have thought that contract law and loyalty might have been a little bit more important to them....
  • From the ever-sensible Joe Saward at grandprix.com. I've underlined all the important bits.

Button to get no truck from Williams

Jenson Button's remarks this week about his future have not gone down well with Sir Frank Williams, with whom Button has a contract for 2006. There have been several meetings between the two to discuss the matter but on all occasions Williams has refused to release Jenson. This is not a surprise and taking the argument into the public domain will serve no useful purpose. Using the media to try to strengthen Button's case is not a strategy which is wise when taking on Williams.

"A deal is a deal," says Sir Frank. "A contract is a contract. I have always believed that a signature on a contract is basically underlining a man's word given in honour. We have a proper and correct contract in place that will stand up to any examination. I keep reading that he wants to be World Champion. Why can't he be World Champion with us? I understand Jenson's concerns about his team's competitive position and our uncompetitive situation at the moment. Teams go up and down. We will be back, if not in the second half of this year, certainly next. If a driver says 'Sorry, I have changed my mind' every time it suits him, there would be chaos in the paddock. Sponsors will know that some teams don't keep their word as given in signed contracts. The same applies to drivers.

"A third party has chosen to use the press to strengthen Jenson's case," Williams says, "but the whole situation is much more profound than that."

It looks like BAR may have to look elsewhere for a driver in 2006.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hold him to that fucking contract Frank, it's time someone drew a line in the sand and told him to honour his word. :mad:

Button/Webber is just what Frank Williams needs, especially now that he's not got a manufacturor's backing.
  • Can't argue with that....
  • So, what's wrong with Heidfeld then; you guys think he isn't capable???

Nick seems to prefer staying at Williams, and doesn't like to step down the grid to Sauber/BMW !!!
  • Sauber/BMW will not be a step down from Williams but a considerable step up. You can quote me on that one!
  • I suspect them to have one or two learning years before they can attack the upper side of the grid !!
  • Sauber/BMW will not be a step down from Williams but a considerable step up. You can quote me on that one!
    I intend to.

btw, Minardus, I envision Massa and Heidfeld forming quite a nice combo for Sauber next year. Bye bye Jacques.

[Edited on 29/7/2005 by MinardiP1]
  • P1, you should really ask why Button wants to dis Williams.
    Fact is, Williams have never recovered from the Loss of Newey. They seem to be further back from where they were back in 1990, when they could win a race or 2 if circumstances were right.
    The Buttongate saga is likely to further aliente Sir Frank from his drivers, after all they remain simply employees. If Williams is relying on Button's arrival to satisfy potential sponsors, then I see no way out for him.
  • Just read Button's Statement...what a dick. As soon as it's not looking good, his attitude is F#$k you! no loyalty, no honour, no integrity. Driving skill aside, this guy has no ethics, both teams should dump him. Or in other words...what a TOSSER!
  • I'd fucking LOVE Frank to hold him to his contract, and then bench his arse for the year.
  • I'd fucking LOVE Frank to hold him to his contract, and then bench his arse for the year.
    :hehe::hehe::hehe:

He needs to see that he doesn't have the results on the track yet to back up his arrogant position and it's making him look a complete arse with the fans
  • Buttons is a whiny baby :spank:
  • I think you'll get your wish P1.

As for FW alienating drivers, what kind of drivers will he be alienating? Button types? Who cares!! What is he, 26? If he can't see further than beyond next week, Frank should run Pizzonia and let Jenson stew for a year. I honestly think it's a question of honoring a commitment for Williams. Button MIGHT help in being attractive to sponsors but Williams is hardly in need of a pay driver and should be able to attract sponsorship enough not to be beholden to a driver for that.

I like him as a driver but man what a goofball.
  • let Jenson stew for a year
    Actually if Williams continue their pathetic form, they might need a 3rd driver for Fridays next year :hehe:
  • I also agree with benching him for a year, infact sign him for three and bench him arse for all 3 years and put Davidson in his place at Williams so he can see what he could of done.
  • Actually if Williams continue their pathetic form, they might need a 3rd driver for Fridays next year :hehe:
    Hey, I don't really want too much improvement out of Williams this year, i'd be more than happy for them to get a 3rd driver next season. Ant Davidson just might have had enough if he doesn't jag a race drive with BAR to say 'screw you, i'm off'.

They are a fair way behind Toyota now and it would take some very strong results for them to claw their way up to 4th.

• Button should look at the wreck of the driver that is Villeneuve; and wonder if he really wants to shackle himself to a second rate team just so he can be the number1.