Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

How will I get my Minardi Fix??

I'm off to the states in less than two weeks on a nine month University exchange and i'm panicing!!!

Where can i watch Gp's when im state side, the internet is all very good, but i would like to see some Minardi action!!!

Can anyone help??

Comments

• What state are you going to?
  • I seriously doubt he will get speed channel at a university since it is mainly an extra you must pay for on cable.
  • If you're going to live in dorms, you've got a fair chance of having Speed on the cable selection. Living off-campus would make it eaier to get Speed if it's not in the basic university package.

As for Minardi-specific information, er, you've probably got the best possible resource here. Welcome to America!
  • Welcome aboard Fenris - where ya from?
  • You can get chipped boxes for a good price nowadays!! ;)
  • Thanks for the advice, not sure what TV there will be yet will just have to wait and see.

MCSF: Im studying in Norman, Oklahoma
  • Welcome aboard Fenris - where ya from?
    Me, I'm from Virginia. I've been to Italy, but it was long before I understood what I would have found had I gone to Faenza. I was in the general geographic region, though. :D Oddly enough, I found this site through the Wikipedia entry for Minardi.
  • Soonerville! Prepare for some football American style. College football in the South is something to behold. You're in Nascar Nation too.

I believe dorm facilities usually have some sort of lounge with a TV, F1 is on at an ungodly enough hour over here most of the time you shouldn't run into conflict with either the Gomer races or Dallas Cowboys football on Sundays.

Welcome.
  • Thanks for the welcome and advice dst!!

Looking forward to the football, hopefully will get to some matches when im not playing rugby. As for the ungodly hour i watch the Ozzie grand prix every year so im used to the small hours of the morning.
  • Well luckily with Central time zone the only real bad time is for the Chinese GP at 1 a.m. and Japan at 12:30 a.m., the rest should be about 7 a.m. and Brazil at noon.
  • Hello there fenris !
  • Oklahoma... Boo. Missouri is the only good Big 12 school.

Central time, the European races generally come on at 6. As for getting Speed Channel, my brother went to Missouri, and Speed didn't come with his cable. Hopefully you'll get it.
  • OMG! You're moving to the midwest. PLEASE don't think that everyone in the US is liek the okie's! Get a satelite dish from dishnetwork and pray to god that you don't become one fof the children of the corn... rugby is cool... you'll fit right in to one of the wrestling meca's in the US. Iowa and Western PA dominate US wrestling as well as Okie's. Marine recruiting does well out where you're heading. those farm boys eats lots o' corn and then just wanna F*** and kill shit
  • Brand new state!
    Brand new state, gonna treat you great!
    Gonna give you barley, carrots and pertaters,
    Pasture fer the cattle,
    Spinach and termayters!
    Flowers on the prarie where the June bugs zoom,
    Plen'y of air and plen'y of room,
    Plen'y of room to swing a rope!
    Plen'y of heart and plen'y of hope.
    Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
    And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet
    When the wind comes right behind the rain.
    Oklahoma,
    Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I
    Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
    Makin' lazy circles in the sky.
    We know we belong to the land
    And the land we belong to is grand!
    And when we say
    Yeeow! Ayipioeeay!
    We're only sayin'
    You're doin' fine,
    Oklahoma!
    Oklahoma O.K.
    Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
    And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet
    When the wind comes right behind the rain.
    Oklahoma,
    Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I
    Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
    Makin' lazy circles in the sky.
    We know we belong to the land
    And the land we belong to is grand!
    And when we say
    Yeeow! Ayipioeeay!
    We're only sayin'
    You're doin' fine,
    Oklahoma!
    Oklahoma O.K.

Yea, you kin git mo' at da followin' site;
    http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/o/oklahomalyrics/
  • Damn Yankee
  • Great lyrics Bernie. There must be something good to be found in the US.
  • back in the late 80's and early 90's all the yuppies got in on the fad of moving out to the sticks to get closer to the land and work from home in great scenery... then they discoverd that the nearest grocery store was 23 miles away and you had to dodge beaver and coons driving back from the bar that was 15 miles away on a dirt road...and most of the people hangin out there lost you when they talked about corn weevels... that was my experience....

like my buddy and hsi wife who where just stationed at 29 Palms in the Claifornia dessert "it was great and neat ot see the desert for the first two weeks but after two years there's really no reason to sugar coat it; It jsut sucks!

Oklahoma... scenic like the russian steppe. My hat's off to weather man... hope you can hack it.
  • Ummm..........pardon me but Oklahoma is decidedly NOT Midwest, it's The South. I live in the Midwest - Minnesota, you can tell the difference by the mostly absent presence of monotoothed, slackjawed gomers whose idea of a good time is a Benny Hinn heal-a-thon followed up with a gaybashing and a 'Texas Hardtails' marathon.

'Absent presence' that's a good one!

[Edited on 19/8/2005 by dst]
  • Don - Bernie is a Yankee - the worst of all the nations indiginous peoples.
  • I've arrived in Oklahoma and brought the British weather with me!!! But the Sooners were very happy as they hadn't had rain in a while. My apartment came with cable but no speed channel so will have to call the company, but will get some motor racing with ESPN.

I would just like to compliment you guys over here, you have made me feel very welcome.

Forza Minardi!!!

Duick aka theweatherman
  • Skip ESPN and Nascab/IRL. CBS and ChampCar!!