Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Saturday practice and Qualifying - Monza

The first session doesn't look good.

F MASSA 1:24.447
MONTEIRO 1:24.668
VILLENEUVE 1:25.041
KARTHIKEYAN 1:25.172
DOORNBOS 1:25.722
ALBERS 1:26.197

I hope those Jordans were running light. But I doubt it. They're mixing it up with the Saubers whilst Albers is a second off them.

I'm impressed with Doornbos though. He's really got the better of CA.

Comments

• Poor comparison. Albers turned 3 less laps than Doornbos after sitting in the garage until 3 minutes to go..
  • I was about to moan about Minardi's being two seconds slower than Monteiro, when from nowhere Doornbos stuck in a 1:23.676. What a lap. o.5 up on Monteiro and 1 sec up on Karth.
  • Albers was also flying, about to do his fastest but took 51.9 sec in the final sector. He's going for it again on the next lap though. That Doornbos lap looks fantastic on the overall times. Ahead of both Saubers, Sato, Klien and 3 tenths off Button whose also done 9 laps.

2.2 secs of 1st place too....
  • Too bad of Albers' lap. But at least he managed to keep it on the track, I wonder how he did that.

Off topic: By the way, is it just me or has Tiago Monteiro's English improved radically since the start of the season?

[Edited on 3/9/2005 by Stan]
  • http://images.f1racing.net/large/51011.jpg

New sponsor?
    Look next to MexOil, there is a new sponsor, just can't read it very well

on topic: Albers was going pretty fast in the first sector, bad luck that he made a mistake, but he managed very well to keep his car on track.
    Well done doornbos, ahead of kartikeyan in a fair fight

keep up the spirits, we're only 0.3 seconds behind the new jordan that has been tested a lot. So we're doing very good
  • TO THE LIMIT – AND BEYOND

MONZA, ITALY, September 3, 2005

Qualifying for Sunday’s Italian Grand Prix, which took place this afternoon at the Autodromo Nazionale di Monza in near-perfect racing conditions, yielded 18th and 20th places on the grid for Minardi F1 Team drivers, Robert Doornbos and Christijan Albers. While Doornbos had a smooth, trouble-free qualifying lap, Albers lost out on setting a competitive time when he ran wide into the gravel at the second Lesmo bend while pushing hard. Miraculously, he managed to wrestle his car back onto the circuit, but lost over two seconds in the process. Earlier, during Saturday morning’s two practice sessions, Doornbos and Albers continued to work on fine-tuning the handling of their chassis, and carried out final preparations for their qualifying runs.

ROBERT DOORNBOS
    Position: 18
    Time: 1 min 24.904 secs Chassis: PS05/02
    “It’s been a strong weekend so far for the Minardi team, and also for me. We have been able to find a good set-up for the car, and I have been able to be quick in every practice session. I was a little bit apprehensive about qualifying, as we had a technical problem in Turkey and I was a bit too enthusiastic in Hungary, but we had a good, clean lap today. It’s nice to see that we can really fight with the Jordans, and I hope it continues this way for me tomorrow”.

CHRISTIJAN ALBERS
    Position: 20
    Time: 1 min 26.964 secs Chassis: PS05/01
    “It was a shame about qualifying today, but it can happen when you are driving on the limit – sometimes you go over it. I’m sorry for the boys, as well, since they worked hard on the car. Anyway, tomorrow’s a new day, and you score points for the race, not qualifying, so we’ll see what we can do”.

PAUL STODDART, Team Principal, Minardi Cosworth

“Both drivers did very solid jobs today. It was a shame about Christijan’s mistake in the second sector of his qualifying lap, because clearly, both Minardis are again on the pace of the team’s nearest rivals. As ever, we look forward to an interesting race tomorrow”.
  • The 'new' sponsor is COCIF, who isn't new at all! :P
  • Nice save by Albers! Wish I could have seen that from above the track.
  • The 'new' sponsor is COCIF, who isn't new at all!
    hmm, never noticed it :o
  • They haven't been on the car until now this year but they were there last year, as well as being an old school sponsor.
  • Came across this nice pic...

• COCIF is a sponsor on the M193 nose cone I own....Old School is right!