Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Albers will drive for Minardi!

Comments

• so why get your knickers in a twist over John when it might be Michiel?
    because we were talking about John, noch michiel?
  • Dutch translation? This was on Christijan's forum...
    -Minardi gaat in januari 3 en in februari 2 dagen testen met de bolide en motor waarmee het seizoen aangevangen wordt.
    Testen=testing, Bolide=chassis.. what's the context, though?
  • Well, I will try it

Minardi will test the third january and the secound february with the chassis and the engine.... the rest, I don't know.
  • heh. I could have told you that much!

I am guessing that seizon=season, maybe "next season"?
  • good try homer your sentence ends

with which the team will start the season
  • Yeah, sounds possible.

"aangevangen"

In German, we have the word "angefangen" for "has started".

"wordt"="wird="will"=? Sounds possible.
  • So Christijan will test the new car? We will see the PS05? Or am I getting something totaly wrong?

EDIT: Oh, I think I am wrong, we will start with the PS04B and the CR3-L. Damn.

[Edited on 25/12/2004 by Homer]
  • hehe. You answered your own question. :P

I wonder how much testing they have planned for the and if they plan on having a dedicated tester at the wheel, with all the flyaway races at the beginning of the season.
  • I believe we're starting with the PS04C and the Cosworth CR3-XL = even slower :P

I just thought of something interesting. The PS05 CAN'T debut at Imola thanks to the one engine per 2 races rule! The Cosworth CR3-(X)L will be used in the PS04C's in Melbourne, Sepang and Sakhir. So come Imola (round 4) the cars should be equipped with the same engines as they had in Bahrain. The PS05 however will use the Cosworth TJ engine. So what's the go there?
  • Stoddart will probably just cop the penalty.
    10 grid spaces?
  • But if we do some testing with the PS04B, we will test with the new aerodynamic-package, won't we? And when will we test the PS05? And how can we launch it befor Melbourne if it is not finished....

• I would imagine that with less than 2 months from Melbourne to Imola, that the car will be ready to test before the launch date. However I think they'll still use the PS04 to launch in Melbourne, simply due to logistics. The team will go to Malaysia and Bahrain before they return to the factory.

On the issue of engine penalties, I would imagine that they will just choose to use 1 engine per race per car rather than further de-tuning the CR-3. This will set the team up to finish the season on an engine's second GP, though. Let's hope the last race isn't a nailbiter for us.
  • So when will we see the PS05 for the first time? It won't be ready for the testing in february... does anybody have some information when it will be finished?
  • Well we know it won't be ready for testing in early Feb. That still leaves a whole month before the team is in Melbourne. I would hope to see it no later than mid Feb. as testing between flyaways would be very strenuous, though two weeks before Imola would give a nice boost to the mileage.
  • Yeah, but PS did not announce any testing for the mid of february. But if you are right, then we could launch the PS05 in melbourne? OR, maybe better: Test it on the friday-testing-sessions as third car.

[Edited on 25/12/2004 by Homer]
  • Hmm. I never thought of the third car angle. Intriguing.

It sounds like the info from the Albers BB was the result of someone asking him when Christijan will drive. The team never really 'announced' those dates either...
  • Mhm... so we don't know anything about the secound driver, nothing about the testing dates and nothing about the progress of the PS05. Good, then there's nothing to be worried about.

But at least, we've got a better perspective than Jordan :hehe:
  • Well, some of us know about the progress of the PS05. :P
  • Well, than the "some of us" should be nice and share they knowledge.... ;)
  • Yea Clown, pony up the info pal! :spank:

:cool:
  • Bira says I can't :angel:
  • Ok, I didn't have time to read all the replies about Albers, so some I know will be mentioned earlier, but as I was attending the pressconference, I would like to share a bit of what I heared. There's going to be another pressconference on january 27th somewhere in Amsterdam. It has something to do with the sponsor-package (and maybe the new livery). John the Mol, who recently bought the Dutch footbal TV rights, is rumoured to be one of the sponsors. His new TV station (now named Nickelodion) will be renamed 'TVNL', and he could use some hefty advertisement for this...

After all the commotion wednesday afternoon, Paul Stoddart had dinner with another Dutchman: Jos Verstappen.

Cheers and merry Christmas to all!

[Edited on 25/12/2004 by Selespeed]
  • Hee, why am I suddenly a 'Newbie', I've been posting here for years....

• After all the commotion wednesday afternoon, Paul Stoddart had dinner with another Dutchman: Jos Verstappen
    D'oh!
    Hee, why am I suddenly a 'Newbie', I've been posting here for years....
    There was a problem with the message-board-forum and RJ had to install it again.
  • Stoddart would "like" to start with last years car AND 2004 aeropackage, because he don't want to spent money on that car anymore, but only if other teams allow him. If that is not the case he said that the team will adjust the PS04 to the 2005 aero regs.
    They will run the old car at least the first 3, or even 5 races.

Grtz,
    Vuurmuur
  • [quote]
    After all the commotion wednesday afternoon, Paul Stoddart had dinner with another Dutchman: Jos Verstappen
    D'oh![/quote]

D'oh?
  • Jos + Albers is just plain dumb. Don't get me wrong, if they got along well - Jos could really be a great mentor, but the psycho Dutch fans and particularly media would rip the team, the drivers and the sponsors apart.

[Edited on 26/12/2004 by Clown]
  • if they got along well
    hehe you're joking, right? they were already ripping eachother's hair out back in 2003 when it was last rumoured that they could become team mates
  • In that case, it would be great to see TDW in a Jordan :cool: :grudgematch: