Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bathurst 1000

I don't know how many of you saw this race but it had more action in 1 hour than F1 had all season (maybe except for Japan). I'm not in favour of the Ford/Holden scenario but it was always close racing, heaps of overtaking, acidents, rules being interpreted wrong, wheels flying into cars (with subsequent removal of windscreen and back window), and almost a good fashioned biff at the end. I must admit this is my favourite weekend in front of the box.

Comments

• Needs more GTRs :(

• What about E 38's or E49's?
    (pic to come if I can find one)
  • You forgot the Kangaroo's jumping on the track.

How lucky was Lowndes to have a wheel from a crashed car smash into the his windscreen and not get hurt.

Great action.

[Edited on 10/10/2005 by SuperRoo]
  • Group A was more interesting than V8 Supercars IMO. I just liked the variety of cars and engine types available - especially considering they were all just about as quick as each other.

Tony Cochrane has spoken in recent times about having more manufacturers enter the series. They might not be 'V8' Supercars, but why not talk to Toyota and Mitsubishi about running Avalons and Magnas with chassis, suspension, transmission, bodywork, etc to suit Project Blueprint specs, but powered by 3 litre turbos? Just an idea...
  • Great race as always. Lowndes was very luck he wasn't hurt or worse!

Skaife did really well.

And our sister car [for the next two weeks] to Minardi was really in the wars...

I didn't realise that Walkingshaw now is the manager of HRT...

The Murph, Ambrose incident shows that is not all joking buddy's out there.
  • Check this out!

It's footage from Lowndes' in car camera when the wheel hit the windscreen going up the mountain. Very cool.

http://www.shoalhaven.net.au/~nubtwo/msvideos/lowndeswheel.mpg
  • VERY Lucky! Wow, I didn't see that on TV. That's bloody amazing that he didn't get hurt. Another half a metre to the right and it would have been goodnight Charlie!

Even though I tend to support HRT, I really would have liked to see the 888 team with Lowndes win this one or even Glen Seaton. There is always next year boys!