Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A chance to keep Minardi alive?

CAMS in Australia have announced a new class from 2006 onwards.

OZ BOSS
Based on a concept developed in Europe in the 1990's, and reviving the original roots of Australian Open-Wheeler racing, the OZ BOSS Championship is an exciting new development in Australian Motor Racing. OZ BOSS is short for Australian Big Open Single Seaters, and that's what makes the championship such an exciting prospect. OZ BOSS will feature the very fastest Motor Racing in Australia. The category will be open to cars from the following International series:
Formula One
Indy Car
Champ Car
Formula 3000
Formula Nippon
Formula 4000
Formula 5000
A short list, but undoubtedly the most exciting open-wheeled categories on the planet, and it sets the stage for some awesome David-and-Goliath battles - reminiscent of the days when Frank Matich in his little Formula 2 took on the big boys of Formula 1.
OZ BOSS is seen as a unifying move in Australian Open-Wheeler Motor Sport, and you have the chance, in 2006, to witness it's beginning...

Paul is coming back to Australia to setup OzJet. If he can bring a few PS01's (or 04's?) with him, an OzJet Minardi could line up on the grid for a race downunder next season. I know, it's not the same...but it's better than a kick in the nads. (thanks Red Bull)

Comments

• Good ! :D
  • PS is NOT Minardi. Minardi is Minardi. If he were to do that, and I think it is doable, it would be a way to keep PS alive in the world of motorsports.
  • Enter the two seaters! They will give most of the other categories a run for their money.