Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Do not Post "Toro" subjects?

2»

Comments

• I have a huge respect for the guys at Faenza, but like we all said during the petition:

You can buy a team - but not the supporters.

Therefore, you can also not buy me.
  • There seems to be a lot of people pissing and shitting about me, moaning so that I get out of the forum.

ok if the administrator wants, he can expel me...

but nothing is going to change my idea, Squadra Toro Rosso is crap, and I have all the rights to support the Only Italian team left on grid.

OK?

• Neil, I don't think that someone wants to get you out. Free speech, everyone has the right to have an opinion. That's the point: Also those who like STR have a right on their opinion and when they want to talk about that, it's not very polite to write "STR is shit! Accept it, Minardi is dead" all the time. I don'T want to offend you, it's just the impression I got.
  • i have no intention of kicking out someone who has been with us for something like 4 years just because he is venting his frustration about the current situation
  • How about 'cause he is a commie lib?
  • You're sweet.

Now, about this Canucks invading the Seppo's thing. Cannot be allowed, EH?

There are very few ways to have fun with a Canadian; one is to call them Yanks. That would all be gone. No, sorry, I am not in favour of it.

My brother - who unlike me, is a complete tool - found himself posted to Montreal for a couple of years when he ws with Erricson. After a couple of weeks, he gathered all his troops together and politely explained to them that they should all speak English at work so that he could understand them. He found it difficult to relay to me, his shock at their very unpolite refusal. Wish I'd been there.
  • Neil

Stick to your guns........I don't share your attitude towards Faenza but I'm sure there are many on this forum that think i'm consistently wrong on most issues. It pissed me off to no end that Matt let a couple of @$$*#!+&$ here drive him off this site...... He should of simply ignored them.... I do all the time........

By the way....... I've been a fan of the Scuderia since I had the pleasure of watching Jacky & Clay at Mosport Park in 1972........... Those Ferrari V12's were the 2nd best sounding engines ever.....only surpassed by the Matra V12................

ciao
  • Neil,

I generally like waht you say and respect your opinion but sheesh man, you're beating this dead horse and threatening to leave... I, personally, would prefer that you stuck around as your comments are very insightful. However, I'm just reading hte same thing over and over on every thread... "the new name sucks and I'm not supporting it and I'm going to the only itailian team left" enough already! We all feel the same about the name change so you're just preaching to the choir..

minardimontreal....I, personally, have not been to quebec...I have heard it is very beautiful and everyone is quite friendly...most of the people I deal with are in Toronto area and I generally hear the sorts of things I mentioned previously. Perhaps I am associaing with the wrong kind of people eh? no offense intended. (although I probably would have issues with an obligatory french immersion class if quebec invaded the US :P )
  • Murph - how much "screw you STR " can you take. Give us a reason to screw them and then we are good - but they have not even made one change.

Neil - you need a hobby.
  • Emmo

By "stick to your guns" I just meant that he and/or everybody else who posts here shouldn't let themselves be chased off........ I also pointed out that I do not share his attitude toward Faenza........

Bernie

You are hanging with the wrong crowd...... Use to stay in Toronto when I went to Mosport...... Nice city but no soul IMO...... Montreal is simply awesome........ Loved Quebec City as well......... Someday I should take ya to Montreal for the GP..... in the past there has been the Montreal jazz/Blues festival and an International fireworks competition held on the same weekend....... the only problem is that it is very expensive........but since you are an international businessman with one hell of an expense account, that should not be a problem............... Minardimontreal has every reason to proud of his city.......................

• Such healthy debate. This is what I come here to see and read.

It's like we are all siting on the leather lounge getting councilled. It was said earlier that everyone is going through different emotions. I am all confused at the moment and right now I have lost a lot of interest in F1.

My heart is there but my soul is lost.

As to who I will support next year. No one. STR can't replace a Minardi that I have supported for such a long time. But as the hurt goes and my thoughts change who knows.

All I know is that I am going to the A1 kitted up in my Minardi shirt etc and I will make sure they live in my own special way.

Might even replay the last race they were in every now and then.
  • Neil, I don't think that someone wants to get you out. Free speech, everyone has the right to have an opinion. That's the point: Also those who like STR have a right on their opinion and when they want to talk about that, it's not very polite to write "STR is shit! Accept it, Minardi is dead" all the time. I don'T want to offend you, it's just the impression I got.
    Neil thats it dude we all appreciate you are seriously pissed off. But man get a life. Move on. Follow the Red team if you wish. Share your opinion, we all dislike the name change thats a no brainer but to be constantly moaning and groaning about it and "STR is crap" and all that, man it gets tiring! No one is trying to "Expel" you man most are just tired of the same old quotes!
  • ok, you got the point about the name then!!!!????:D
  • Point taken and noted!

Nice to see the smile mate!!!!!!!
  • Yeah, let not have the Dark Side of the Drink Empire divide us.

BTW, Minardi.it now redirects to RedBull.com.....I wish it didn't...so the domain seems to be in the hands of the new owners.
    Guess it will redirect to the new site/name at some point in the future.

:( :(

Sorry for the bad news.

• please, call it toro rosso, not STR, str sounds like stronzo in italian. And it's not nice
  • If this site is correct i can seee your concern Salvo!

http://it.wordreference.com/it/en/translation.asp?iten=stronzo&v=b

Does this suggest the new name should be torro stronzata ??:hehe:

[Edited on 4/11/2005 by JumpeySpyder]
  • I don't get this quote from Nov, 1 from PS when he was asked about the Minardi sale:

"It's a very sad day and I really wish there was another solution."

Other reports even quote this as " I wish there was a better solution"...

What is he talking about ? Keeping Minardi if he had more time / money ? Selling to someone who kept the name ?
    Bladerunner, I think Paul was aware about an 11th team coming to F1.
    He knew that there is a big chance of Minardi being last in the WCC and getting NO TV money (with the possibility of going bankrupt).
    That's why he said it was the only solution !!!
  • Neil, yea, I think we ALL know you don't like the new name.:cool:
  • you should take nothing for granted!
  • Neil, despite the fact you don't drink Red Bull anymore, you don't seem to have lost too much energy :P
  • I seriously hope that NOBODY in here has bought a can of red bull ever since
  • a jerrycan?
  • you and your jerrycan
    Neil, yea, I think we ALL know you don't like the new name
    well bernie, recent post of yours seem to indicate that you're not too bothered about it
  • Soor RJ, this is the last time I will mention them again. To my surprise I found ot that the Italians are the inventors!
    Jerrycan
    [Categories: Inventions, Innovation, World War II equipment]

A jerrycan or jerrican or jerry can is a robust (A substance that can be consumed to produce energy) fuel container made from pressed (An alloy of iron with small amounts of carbon; widely used in construction; mechanical properties can be varied over a wide range) steel.

The jerrycan was actually invented by the Italians in Africa and adopted by the (Click link for more info and facts about German Army) German Army sometime around 1937. The Germans called it the Wehrmachtskanister.

At the beginning of the (A war between the Allies (Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Czechoslovakia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Iran, Iraq, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherl) Second World War, the (Click link for more info and facts about British Army) British Army were equipped with simple rectangular fuel containers. A 2 imperial gallon (9 L) container made of pressed steel and a 4 imperial gallon (18 L) container made from tin plate. Whilst the 2 imperial gallon (9 L) containers were relatively strong, they were expensive to produce. The 4 imperial gallon (18 L) containers were cheap and plentiful and many made in the third world but they were not very robust. Consequently they were colloquially known as flimsies.

Whilst adequate for transportation by road in Europe, the flimsies proved to be extremely unsatisfactory during the (Click link for more info and facts about North African Campaign) North African Campaign and severely hampered the operation of the (Click link for more info and facts about British 8th Army) British 8th Army. The transportation of fuel over rough terrain often resulted in much of the fuel being lost as the containers easily punctured. The resultant leakages also made the transportation vehicles liable to fuel fires.

When the British Army saw the German and Italian fuel cans first-hand they immediately saw the advantages of the superior design. The containers had three handles on them to allow for easy handling by one or two people; the sides of the can were marked with cross-like indentations that allowed the contents of the can to expand; when filled, the cans retained an air pocket so that they would float on water and rather than a screw cap, the containers used a cam lever release mechanism. The British used cans captured from the "jerrys" (Germans) -- hence "jerrycans" -- in preference to their own containers as much as possible and soon began to produce their own cans that were exact copies of the original.

The British sent examples of the cans to United States and the Americans adapted the design slightly, but ultimately the original designed proved to be superior. These fuel containers were subsequently used in all the (A building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows can be presented) theatres of the war, around the world.

Today similar designs are used for fuel and water containers some of which are also produced in plastic. The designs usually emulate the original steel design and are still known as jerrycans.
  • RJ, Bernie is trying to be positive, I don't blame him, put please do not blame me if I am angry. The change in name erased some 12 years of MY history too!
  • So long as the factory is where it is and the mechanics and engineers and Graham Jones and co are where they are I will support them, probably not with the same passion as under the Minardi name but will not switch my support to another team

Minardi to me is Giancarlo Minardi not Paul Stoddart and my loyalty to the team did not change when Stoddart took over
  • Look girls, there's an easy way to do this. When something goes wrong, it's RB's fault. When all goes well, it due to the brilliance and dedication of the Faenza staff.

Simple init.
  • oznomad... that is so COOL! You must be an exec at HUGE corporation! Love that thought process!