Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Red Bull reply -- see front page

2»

Comments

• Have you noticed the letter is signed by Kathrin Wlzek i.A. Dany Bahar

According to various websites Dany Bahar is Mateschitz' right hand man.
    Yes, read the same.

Apparently, the guy was/is also in charge in personal negotiations/talks between fans from Austria Salzburg and Red Bull.

Brooksey, I will never bend over to those people, even if they declared me their press manager and gave me pit lane access to every single GP.
    @ forzaminardi: Way to go, a man has principles :)

It could very well be they want to sweeten the name deal this way. Beware of the Red Bull Formula Una Sirenes who will want to "sweeten" the way to the Dark Side...

http://www.f1total.com/bilder/cat.php?c=05fu1
  • Was this a really bad translation to english is the grammer really that poor? That letter sucked!

Wow, I have been the one insisiting on waiting but that was a horrible letter that looks like it was written on a napkin at lunch What horrible grammer and it does not even seem to reflect an understanding or appreciation that over 15,000 people took a serious interest int he name. It was not the graceful and humble language that would have soothed over the open wound a bit for the people like Neil, and then gone on to motivating the movemet of the fan base to the newly named team. No mention of the the fact that it's the same guys who have worked hard all these years and that "you should still support the team althouhg under a different name" blah blah blah. No mention of "we would really like yoru support in the future". "We hope we can earn your respect and support" Just plain arrogance is all they projected! They could have just said:
    " We bought the f'ckin team so we should be able to rename it as we choose. Who the f'ck do you fans think you are anyway?" Becasue that is all I heard. Who are these arrogant f'cks anyway? This letter speaks DOWN to ME. How dare these troglodyte peons speak in this manner to me.

[Edited on 10/11/2005 by bernie]
  • Join forces and take wings - Oh Barf.
  • ok, now minardi is officially over.

one minute silence
  • hasn't it crossed your minds that maybe Bernie doesn't like to have 2 teams on the grid with the same name??????
    Yeah, that crossed my mind too.
  • Yeah, but they do have the same name.
  • it's a sad moment.

• [quote]hasn't it crossed your minds that maybe Bernie doesn't like to have 2 teams on the grid with the same name??????
    Oh, that old f*cker. He should resign and stay in his castle in the Swiss alps, shit on his golden toilet decorated with diamonds and have his 3rd teeth being polished by young interns in mini-skirts...do I sound a little bitter, yes, I do, after all, he never invested in Minardi :) ?

PS: Seriously, here is a good biography ("Bernie's game"). I guess most of you know it already (?), for those who don't, worth reading...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1843580500

• RB responded. Great, because they really didn't have to. The name already had been changed after fierce debating and bending over within the RB company. Whatever the content of the letter, they can never do it right from where we stand. It's sad to see how ignorence rules again.

Let me finish with a quote from a poem by Shelley:

"My name is Ozymandius, King of Kings,
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away."
  • Surely Hamlet might contain a better farewell for the name?

Goodnight sweet Prince, and flights of Angels sing thee to they rest.

Too pompous?
  • You? Never.
  • (sshhh, but in case nobody noticed I was trying to be a bigger pompous ass than the folks that wrote the lettter);)