Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

After a long hard battle - bitter defeat

Sadly on Friday my old College Football team A&M went down to 111 year rivals Texas Longhorns.

The game which included some great plays and gave the Longhorns a scare, finished 40-29 in Texas favour.

Brought back great memories of the A&M games, midnight yell practice and the cheergirls giving their all for the game.

86,200 fans at Kyle Field gave the game some atmosphere.
Sorry I missed it.

Spin

Comments

• yea, well I didn't miss that trumpet blast every damn morning
  • You didn't sleep with the mascot did you?
  • Three members of my family and some real good friends are Longhorns, so it was a great game. Also I go to a once rival school of both of Texas and A&M, University of Houston, but our football program doesn't have the massive funding/support to hang with those two anymore.
  • My daughter is an "Orangeblood"...... Jen graduated in 1992.
    Heck of a uiversity...... When she was visiting colleges back in 1987, she and I were given a tour of A&M by one of my high school players who was on the Aggie football team....lot of tradition at College Station........... and great academics in Egineering and the sciences...... Gig 'em Aggies ...............

and

Hook 'em 'Horns
  • stayed in the corp dorms for a week while I was in college and visiting for a student government conference held at A&M. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't got back at 4am most nites
  • I did post grad studies in System Safety and Industrial Hygiene. Their Engineering School combined resources from Defence, Aerospace, Chemical and Nuclear, which fitted my scholarship need at the time.

In those days ('76/77), computer links to NASA, two nuclear reactors on campus, a leading fire school and traditions of the military acadamy (more grads than West Point) helped make up for the Aggie jokes.

Spin
  • aha! that explains soo much! While the rest of the US was in the throes of the disco era you where dealing with Texans trying to figure out how to emotionally cope with John Travolta and still wear boots and a cowboy hat.... say, did you happen to run into George W back in the day?

[Edited on 4/12/2005 by bernie]