Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Williams Commits to '08+

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=26660

Confirmation that Williams as an independant team has decided to follow the money and sign with Bernie & CVC. Which means it's a 50/50 split depending on if Super Aguri comes along and which way they jump.

Could it be that Honda with SA and Toyota with Midland are hedging there bets by having "junior" teams commited to F1 whilst they stand with the GPMA?

Is now the time for GCM & co to start chatting to Bernie and see how much another team for 2008 would be worth to him? as suddenly if he has 6 or 7 committed 5 manufactures running round on there own will look ever less likely?

Comments

• Just when you start thinking that maybe he aint so bad after all.

Sir Frank Williams - King of the backflip and double dealing.
  • No brainer really. Frank hasn't got a Manufacturer behind anymore., and really does anyone think a breakaway series will ever work without Ferrari?

• Makes me believe this talk of 'Toyota engined Williams Lexus' is a croc of shit. Perhaps Frank really is commited to Cosworth power? Webbo must be dissapointed...
  • Webber will pull the pin and follow BMW.
  • That rather assumes they'll want him.

Do you really think Frank wants to be involved in anything with BMW? Despite all the crap, Frank, Bernie and Ron know the score. As Roo says, it involves the red cars and not, emphatically, boardrooms in Deutschland.