Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

World Cup Group Predictions

The draws just been made who do you think will qualify from each group. Here's my predictions:

GROUP A
Germany
Costa Rica

GROUP B
England
Sweden

GROUP C
Argentina
Holland

GROUP D
Mexico
Portugal

GROUP E
Italy
Czech Republic

GROUP F
Brazil
Australia

GROUP G
France
South Korea

GROUP H
Spain
Ukraine

Comments

• I agree with your predictions, except that I say Germany-Poland in Group A and Brazil-Croatia in Group F.

Argentina has a bloody difficult group, Serbia-Montenegrois one of those teams you must NEVER underrate.
  • Germany was lucky as usual. Would be nice to see Costa Rica at the secound place, they really had bad luck in 2002.
  • lucky Australia, they draw the toughest Group. :(
  • australia qualified? well, it seems hard to me.
  • so what you're saying is that no single african team will make it past the first round? i beg to differ!

besides i don't think italy will make it past the first round. they may have good haircuts and do good things in their clubs every now and then but they're worthless as a tournament team. i say czech republic and usa will proceed from that group
    besides i don't think italy will make it past the first round. they may have good haircuts and do good things in their clubs every now and then but they're worthless as a tournament team. i say czech republic and usa will proceed from that group
    UNQUOTE

:spank:

[Edited on 14/12/2005 by manlio27]
  • I go for

A
    Germany
    Ecuador

B
    England
    Sweden

C
    Argentina
    Ivory Coast

D
    Mexico
    Portugal

E
    Italy
    Czech Republic

F
    Brasil
    Japan

G
    France
    South-Korea

H
    Ukrain
    Tunesia
  • mr bartunek, you'll pay for that:spank::mad::hehe:
    besides i don't think Italy will make it past the first round. they may have good haircuts and do good things in their clubs every now and then but they're worthless as a tournament team. i say czech republic and usa will proceed from that group
    UNQUOTE

RJ, now that the new World Cup in South Africa is approaching, I really hope you to give us other fantastic samples of your crystal-sphere art....:-)
  • Manlio, you just revived a four year old topic. Do you have any idea how long it took me to realise that this was about world cup 2006? ;)
  • Shame on France, thieving bastards, they stole the game and the qualification from Ireland!!!!
    And shame on FIFA, it was CLEARLY a Blatter's "will" that France BE in South Africa!!!!!
    And shame on the Swedish referee for allowing Henry's handball!!!!

Now, let's see the drawing!!! Ourselves and the destiny!!!!
    Teams are grouped like this: A - Heads of Series - including South Africa, that everyone of course wants to join...., B - other Eurpoean Teams, C - Africa and rest of South America, D - Asia, Oceania and North-Central America.

Inevitably, there might be totally unequal groupings: we could have Brazil (or Italy, or Germany, or England), Holland, Côte d'Ivoire and Mexico, and in another group South Africa, Greece, Ghana and New Zealand!!! I'm already rubbing my hands!!!!!!!
    Looks like a repetition of Spain 1982, with several teams (Honduras, Chile, Algeria, New Zealand) reappearing for the first or second time since then. We only miss Kuwait and El Salvador! North Korea is back after England '66!!!!

Hopefully, I should also manage to go and see the African Cup of Nations here in Angola in January! And would be my second time after Egypt 2006. More difficult to go to Seth Africa for the World Cup, prices are prohibitive.
  • My predictions for the 2010 World Cup qualified teams after the 1st round:

Group A: France-Mexico
    Group B: Nigeria-Argentina
    Group C: England-Algeria
    Group D: Germany-Serbia
    Group E: Holland-Denmark
    Group F: Italy-Paraguay
    Group G: Brazil-Portugal
    Group E: Spain-Chile
  • Its England's year ... (as always). Actually, we are serious contenders this time thanks to Capello. Spain, Italy and Brazil ahead of England, I would say.

Argentina? are you sure?
  • Huh??? Is this Cricket or Rugby??

None of those teams will do any good in either.
  • You went all quiet after the Ashes ...
  • Respectful silence in awe of the victors.

I think it was a case of we had too much talent, and too little ability.
  • Almost forgot;

Go Australia in the World Cup!!!

And in the spirit of the global village and political correctness, I just hope it isn't won by any:

Micks

Spics

Wogs

Dagoes

Coons

Nips

Chinks

Hebes

Pakies

Curry Munchers

Latino Poofters

Yanks

Cannucks

Poms

Kiwi Sheep Frighteners

Ruskies

Slavs

Belgies

Skandos

Frogs

Towelheads/ Sand Niggers

.......or the Dutch
  • We are the world ...
  • Lease, it seems you forgot the krauts!
  • Shit!

Damn Jerries!
  • Did you mention Aussie Bastards?