Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Easy!

13»

Comments

• Simon I'm really thanked for the Falklands war to the poms!

We got quickly rid of the military afterwards, you got Thatcher for many years, looking it this way I have to be thanked.

What were the argies doing there P1? Our dictator was a drunk old man (Yeltsin style) with plans to remain in powertill his death. And if the brits didn't recovered their colony he might've stayed forever. The price for this insanity (less than 10% of the argie ammo exploded, e.g.) was a couple thousand innocent boys dead together with some brits and gurkas. It was as stupid as our dictator, pretending to persuade the brits not to claim what's theirs. We got democracy here just a year afterwards, and judged (though lightly) and jailed our dictators for violation of human rights.
    If I'm ever to see again a military government in this country (it basically dependes on the US interests), I hope it will do the same mistake again. It was sad over here for the kids parents Lease, but good for the country.

Simon if you can come visit Patagonia, it's so bloody nice you'll never regret.

P1 our aircraft carrier was so old it was out of order. Other examples: our marine aircrafts were radarless. We had 2 submarines: one began to sunk right after leaving Buenos Aires base, the other got to the battle theatre but it's torpedoes didn't hit any target as they got random directions. Failure in the guidance system. And can carry on for a long time, believe me mate. The people here donated food for the conscripts (no pro military at that time) as they were starvign and freexing to death, in fact some of them passed away due to this. Know what did the military did? These motherfu*ers sold it to a retail stores corp later. They bought yachts, countryhouses and stuff. As pathetic as your imagination can reach:(

[Edited on 19/1/2005 by yokosuna]
  • If what you say is true - how in the hell did the Brits have such a hard time winning?
  • If what you say is true - how in the hell did the Brits have such a hard time winning?
    Cause our pilots were aces, the only Exocet we managed to smuggle from France sinked the Sheffield and cause the Poms didn't deployed big forces. The war lasted less than 2 months, it's not that long. The old creepy dictator wanted the kids to resist till death, but our troops were dying of starvation, freezing and without proper weapons. No way they could hold it longer. If we were a real threat to the poms they would've ran to the Washington for help, bud.
  • Yoko my boy, no-one underestimates the human toll in armed conflict, yet that neither diminishes the stupidity motivating such tragedies. Humour helps.

Now as a matter of fact - and this is true - we are thinking of ditching our Belgie pilgramage in favour of a trip to BA. I have heard that the glitz and class are still there but due to currencies being what they are, an absolute bargain for some.

Is this true? Is BA still a worthwhile place to see and experience?
  • BA looks beautiful, as does Patagonia.

Quig: the war didn't take that long seeing as our Taskforce had to sail half way around the world! It would've helped if the French had stopped selling Exocets to BA. Bless.
  • Yoko my boy, no-one underestimates the human toll in armed conflict, yet that neither diminishes the stupidity motivating such tragedies. Humour helps.

Now as a matter of fact - and this is true - we are thinking of ditching our Belgie pilgramage in favour of a trip to BA. I have heard that the glitz and class are still there but due to currencies being what they are, an absolute bargain for some.

Is this true? Is BA still a worthwhile place to see and experience?
    Lease, you'll never regret the experience, and it's much closer than old Europe. Just make sure you get some money for a couple of flights inside the country, as there are some places worthwile visiting but far away from BA. You're oz, you know what am I talking about:D
    Besides, it'll be a pleasure to give you the welcome to my country or even show a couple of places downtown. Hope to see you here soon and let me know if you're coming.

Viges is right Emmett, the frenchies sold the military some weaponryt, but that's not exceptional. US, UK and every other big weapons manufacturer sells arms to guerrillas, dictatorships and any antidemocratic institution all over. Money talks.

Simon, have you been to argieland? I hope I can visit our country soon, have to make a visit to Ledbury yet:spank:

[Edited on 20/1/2005 by yokosuna]
  • Emmitt the big problem with the sea war was that the Brits totally underestimated the online capability of the Argentinians exocets. Their intelligence leant to the theory that they did have exocets but they were'nt in working order.
    Thus when the navy sailed only a couple of the warships had been refitted with the 'seawolf' exocet detection and elimination system. In fact if memory serves me right they had one warship with seawolf guarding each battlegroup. Obviously with this limitation there were blind spots which the Argentinians exploited sinking the Sheffield and merchant navy ship Arctic Conveyor (or whatever it was called).
  • Luckily these bastards couldn't got more than one. Else, if more brit ships had sanked the war would've been tougher for the infantry. They didn't upset the poms that much. Look at the iraqi resistance, they piss yanks and poms so much, then tey go blast everything around.
    Any doubt Quig you can ask Matt. He's a serious Falklands' war student.