Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi in Melbourne

F1racing.net :

Minardi F1X2 completes first event in Melbourne

The Minardi F1X2 Team today completed its first event of 2006, with a successful programme at Mangalore Airport, north of Melbourne. The F1X2 crew was more than busy, though, as driver, Zsolt Baumgartner, took a single-car, one-day record of 65 lucky passengers for high-speed rides around the 2.65-km course, laid out within the confines of the airfield, located in central Victoria.

The majority of the passengers in this instance were winners of an OzJet promotional competition, although Melbourne chef, Stephen Hewatt, who generously bid AUS$28,000 in a charity auction conducted by the Alannah and Madeline Foundation, which assists orphaned and abused children, was also strapped into the F1X2 car for the ride of a lifetime.

"It was just an unbelievable experience," Stephen commented after climbing from the passenger seat at the end of his run, "almost like you're starting to fly. The forces were incredible at times, particularly through the chicane and under braking. How F1 drivers can do this for 60 or 70 laps at a time, I can't begin to comprehend, but there is no doubt they have to be super-fit to deal with it."

Team boss, Paul Stoddart, said, "It has been another hugely successful event for the two-seater programme, and I particularly want to thank Zsolt, the medical and rescue team from Racesafe, and the F1X2 crew, all of whom worked tirelessly, in 30 degree-plus heat, to ensure the passengers received their rides and had a great day. I would also like to recognise the efforts of the management team at Mangalore Airport. The staff here have been fantastically co-operative, and embraced the idea of the two-seater programme from the outset. There is no doubt this has been a wonderful experience for 65 very happy passengers, and continues the two-seater programme's worthy tradition of bringing Formula One closer to the general public."

Comments

• the front page beat you to that...
  • Guy I work with got to have a couple of rides with Zsolt yesterday. Said it was pretty awesome actually.

Miss this whole Minardi thing, fingers crossed it all comes back.
  • Tell us more !!!!!:D

BTW where have you been ??
  • Where have I been? Been busy, nose to the ground... I'm soon to be working alongside former sponsorship coordinator with the BAR team, so I've managed to move around in interesting circles.

Obviously been working with one of Minardi's former foes though at a manufacturer level. If you want a hint... was speaking to a certain C Stoner earlier in the year.

Anyway, been a bit of fun. Will be going on Sunday, but unfortunately with work and a group of us at "Traction". Have managed to tee myself up a pit pass, although not through STR obviously!
  • C stoner from Moto Gp !!:cool:

I'll be watching the race coverage looking for a smug looking Aussie in the pitlane!! ;)

Enjoy
  • What happened to Minardi Club, Melbourne?

Where's the JVC head unit?
  • Where's the girl in your sig?
  • It's Honda!, Honda for christ sake! Most difficult, unreasonable client in my portfolio. Good to get that off the chest.

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!!!!!

Two effing return trips I made in those things that were last used as feeder shuttles for NOAH's OCEAN CRUISES INC. Submitted the boarding passes like they said. Sat by the phone and............nada. Where did they get 65 people from. According to the press, they never had that many passengers.

Ah..well. Tell you one thing. You always knew the GP was on because at both Sydney and Melbourne Airports they had (I think) PS01s (they still had Magnum, but no GOKL) on display in the departure areas.

Travelled between these cities today and nothing. You wouldn't know there was a car race on. That's what missing Minardi means.