Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Here’s a thought (controversial!)

We generated 15,000 or so signatures (from memory) to keep the Minardi name in F1, so why not e-mail that list off to the FIA to accept Stoddarts Minardi entry over that of Prodrive or Direxiv? ;)

Let the bashing begin...

Comments

• Remove my name from the list if you do.
  • I rather like the idea, send the same list to Stoddart asking him to involve GCM.
  • you're getting quite monotonous, Mr Q.

I like the thought of that Brooksey but that would be completely useless. a new petition maybe? hmmm lots of work ;)
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    you're getting quite monotonous, Mr Q.
    OUCH!
  • yeah, try to get less dogmatic in your support, will make a much easier read. :P:P:P
  • You read it?
  • I'm just trying to be consistent.
  • Hey, leave Emmet alone!

I won't let them hurt you, my brother. I just can't quite tell which side of the fence you're on.........
  • Thanks...I think.
  • A new petition is alot of work, and It'd be difficult to raise the same profile we had previously.

The way I see it, our petition was to "keep the Minardi name in Formula 1." Well how is this situation any different? Perhaps a (very large) .pdf file sent to Stoddart (which he would no doubt use as leverage to support himself) and the FIA would work a treat, even if it only has 14,999 signatures...
  • after the great effort we went through last time, I don't see any need of any petition... all there is in F1 is $$$$$$$$$ - the names mean nothing. full stop.

For once in a life time, I agree with our American friend!
  • I like the idea of giving support to the effort of bringing back the name Minardi into F1, but you can't use the petition twice.
  • I like it!

Btw, reading from Quig's recent posts I get a BITTERed vibe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Originally posted by Neil_s
    For once in a life time, I agree with our American friend!
    I think this is the second time you have agreed with me - but who's counting?
  • Actually on this one, I also agree with Quig.
  • I think we could.

I mean, it indicates how many people thought Minardi was important enough to be in Formula1.

However we should attach a note that makes clear what the petition was about.
  • Stoddart can do what he likes, but I'm really not that interested. Why should we help him? It's not Minardi, it's his Ledbury crew.
  • Im with Silver, Quig and TasM. I dont think 15000 petitioners would all be in favour of this. Its different circumstances this time.
  • I'm not saying we should change what the petition was meant for. I'm saying it could show the FIA that there still was interest for Minardi up until it's end. This could be in favor of Stoddart. And I think he deserves all the help he can get.
  • I agree Stan.

So what do you guys say of the staff at Ledbury? Recall these are the guys who ran the F1x2 program – something that while many of you knocked, drew hundreds of fans to Minardi (and Formula 1), and supported charities all over the world with race days, yet you still say they are NOT Minardi people? We don’t know what input they had into the race program, but even so, I still believe they were part of the team and would continue to be so under a new regime.

Quig, go through your cupboard and see what brand of shoes you own. Lets say it’s a Nike, Adidas, Puma, Colorado…etc. Whether it’s made in the USA, or made in China, you still buy it because of the brand it is am I correct? Just because it’s made somewhere else doesn’t mean it erodes the brand name? Yes it’s a bad analogy, but some of us supported Minardi because of a love for the brand, and a love for it's meaning – and will continue to do so after 2008, GCM or not.
  • Look, I can't believe this post. Stoddart is not interested in running an F1 team. What he wants is to sell on the last available entry. I can't believe we are even discussing this.
    As for the F1 x 2 program generating money for charity. Rest assured Stoddart was paid by the Promotors to run that program. I'm also sure he took a healthy cut of any "Charity" monies.
  • Stoddart is not interested in running an F1 team.
    Where do you get this knowledge?
  • From watching the debacle that Minardi became under his stewardship. But don't take my word for it. Ask the guys who vivsted faenza and spoke to the employees last year.
  • Glad to see you've got some rock solid proof there.
  • I guess the idea is worth a try, for one simple reason: If people here like the idea of independent F1 teams, IF the petition would end up having some influence, I guess it would be a nice feeling to know that 15000 mere fans had something to do with it.

And, as someone pointed out in the petition days, as the FIA survey had something like 100.000 names, 15000 means something (statistically and hence economically).

THIS surely would be something that ONLY Minardi has done in F1.