Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Ex Minardi Webber wins Bandini Trophy

Ex Minardi & Williams F1 driver Mark Webber has been awarded the Lorenzo Bandini trophy. The trophy is named after the Italian racer who died after crashing his Ferrari in the Grand Prix of Monaco in 1967. The Australian F1 driver will receive the award in Brisighella, the home town of Bandini, before the Grand Prix of San Marino. Alonso won the award last year.

Comments

• Give him the car, give him the car....:cool:
  • Why does he get the award?

[Edited on 13-4-0606 by Biker]
  • Lorenzo Bandini is not a household name. The Italian, killed during the 1967 Monaco Grand Prix at the wheel of his Ferrari, won just one Grand Prix, the first ever Austrian GP held in 1964 at Zeltweg. His career included other notable triumphs, including a win in the Targa Florio forty years ago, but his was a career cut down before its prime -- a shooting star that disappeared before it could burn at its brightest.

For that reason, his hometown of Brisighella has awarded since 1992 the Lorenzo Bandini Trophy, to the most promising young driver in Formula 1.
  • It is awarded to the F1 driver that has impressed a panel of judges most over the last year.

Good for Mark!!
  • Put a shrimp on the barbie mate! Good job but not unexpected from a former Minardi shoe.
  • Strewth! Well done Webbo. Win a GP for Williams this year, pleeaaassseee.
  • Congratulation's Mark. And viges, I think he could sneak in a win this year!