Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

FIFA Rankings

1 Brazil
2 Czech Republic
3 Netherlands
4 Mexico
5 USA
5 Spain
7 Portugal
8 France
9 Argentina
10 England
11 Nigeria
12 Denmark
13 Italy
14 Turkey
15 Cameroon
16 Sweden
17 Egypt
18 Japan
19 Germany
20 Greece
21 Tunisia
22 Uruguay
23 Iran
23 Croatia
25 Romania
26 Costa Rica
27 Colombia
28 Senegal
29 Poland
29 Korea Republic
31 Republic of Ireland
32 Côte d'Ivoire
33 Paraguay
34 Saudi Arabia
35 Switzerland
36 Morocco
37 Russia
37 Bulgaria
39 Ecuador
40 Norway
41 Slovakia
42 Honduras
42 Australia

How in the hell is USA ranked 5? When some European power house teams are ranked lower. Surely, beating some backwater South American teams doesn't count for that much.

I mean, Australia beat American Somoa 31-0. It didn't help their rankings.

Comments

• Rankings, schmankings. The real test is nearly here.
  • What the hell is this all about???
  • what a useless ranking system!
  • btw, is anyone collecting any football stickers?
  • The world championships will probably shake up things a bit. Holland will drop down at least four places, as there is no way they're going to get through the group phase of the tournament. Argentina or Italy will probably get up to the top 3. And Australia will be going up at least ten places.

Hah, just like I know anything about football.

[Edited on 26-5-0606 by Stan]
  • SuperRoo, I'm with you I don't understand how the US or Mexico can be up that high in the ranking. On that list I see many teams I would consider better than the US and Mexico.
  • Is Germany really being counted that far out? I know they had a bad run there, but that doesn't take away from their talent..
  • which talent? ;-)

as there is no way they're going to get through the group phase of the tournament
    that's a bit negative, isn't it?

does your car look like this these days, simon?

• You're lucky RJ, I think you have about 14 different countries that you can claim.
  • Holland 1 - Australia 1

Warm-up Friendly. Australia's goalkeeper kept them in the game, but Australia played well aginast one of the world's best teams (with only 10 men for the last 30mins). Go Boys!
  • Well done Australia. It was a good game that should give both teams some confidence for the world championship.

In other news, the Dutch under 21 team won the European Championship today :D
  • Congratulation's to the Dutchies for the Euro u21 win. I remember the euphoria when I was in Athens visiting some of my cousins when (my second team) Greece won the euro chamionship, I have never seen so many happy people in my life!
  • By the way. I don't mean to whine or anything. But was I the only one who saw an Australian make a hands ball in the goal area or did I go blind?
  • Well, you know what they say if you don't leave it alone!
  • It was inadvertent Stan, and it came off his forearm. He actually tried to move his arm away from the ball just before it touched it, but Vinnie Grella did look pretty sheepish about it.

I don't know if 'inadvertent handball' is an available decision for the referee when it's in the box, but he either missed it completely or thought it wasn't significant enough to award the penalty.
  • I was going to post some kind of rant here about inadvertent obvious hands balls.

But it doesn't really matter anymore.

[Edited on 5-6-0606 by Stan]
  • What are you people talking about?

Is this something to do with A1?

Thank goodness for F1. There's no major sporting event now until the Olympics - boring.
  • Hand to ball = bad.

Ball to hand = OK-ish.
  • Ah, go watch rugby or whatever you ozzies watch. There are cases in which I can agree with the "Ball to hand = ok-ish" point. But not in case a player holds his hands above his head.

Even if it is ball to hand, in such a case. It still is a penalty.
  • "Ah, go watch rugby or whatever you ozzies watch."

Hush your mouth boy. Any self respecting true blue Australian is a big fan of Aussie Rules Football(especially the Collingwood Football Club).

Others may say different Stan, but don't listen to the uneducated rabble.
  • ...............ohhhh..................yeah???!!!
  • Come on the mighty Blues.

How are we doing? (and be gentle)
  • Others may say different Stan, but don't listen to the uneducated rabble.
    Haha, did I find a soft spot there? ;)

[Edited on 8-6-0606 by Stan]

[Edited on 8-6-0606 by Stan]
  • Originally posted by viges
    Come on the mighty Blues.

How are we doing? (and be gentle)
    better than Essendon, and you can't say that too often.