Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Sovereignty Right vs. Democracy - Which you prefer?

All the prophecies are turning true in Iraq - more rapidly than we forsee.

Recent death squads link to the Iraqi Police Eighth Brigade led to its suspension.

Bush and Cheney looking more like dummies now - if they still want to win the war in Iraq, they had better dismantle the Iraqi troops before they resupply the terrorists with their armoury and in a big way.

The Iraqi forces build up by the Americans have now reached the target set by the Bush administration. Imagine this, as the Americans were to start withdrawing their troops gradually anytime soon, the spectre of the uniformed Iraqi forces playing a subversive role to allow the terrorists to dessimate the remaining US forces - what a sterile situation we will have then!

So, what are the options left for Bush and Cheney? Withdraw immediately and completely as far as they can, I would say and then let them kill each other in their sectarian power grab.

And what does this situation now tell us? That "sovereignty pride" is much preferred to "democracy" forced upon by the foreigners?

Comments

• Any forced democracy does not work. Democracy need to stem from the society in itselves to work. It is like a language. You cannot force a language onto people. The language is what the poeple does it. The same as democracy, I say.
  • I'm loathe to delve into Politics, Thats RJ's pigeon, but I'm afraid the policy makers in the US, Uk etc have no understaing of Muslim philosophy. Nor do I for that matter..
    But to try to illustrate their mindset. One thinks of the Turmoil created after the death of the Prophet Monammed.
    Much infighting occurred among his followers as to whom was the rightful heir to his thrown. A period of time in Muslim History known as "Fitna"(Please excuse the spelling). This resulted in the adage ; ' better 100 years of dictactorship than 1 day of chaos'. Our leaders in the west would have been better to remember this before embarking on the madness of an Iraq Invasion!!
  • battling around with legal aspects of coporate governance these days:D
  • Not to deviate too much off the topic, but I have a nice little annecdote about your new direction RJ.

We had a short workshop the other day about preparing board papers. It was run by some guy who was an ex-ceo of some companies, and now sits on a zillion boards; and of course does a little training (did someone say consulTICK?).

Anyway, as he was banging on, he made the point that directors take a much more serious approach to governance issues in relation to business plans and the like than they ever used to, and we had better make sure there were no holes as far as this was concerned in anything that we put up to them.

So says I, do you mean governence in terms of form, or substance?

Now of course his answer was 'both'. But he didn't give it without a pause, and the subsequent explanation was not convincing.

Did I ever mention that I just want to go sailing and forget this 'business' thing ever happened?
  • A consultant can tell you 28 ways to make love but doesn't know any women.