Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Congratulations to F. Alonso on his second WDC

He's done a great job this season - he's been fast, and consistant - can't really ask for more.

The renault being quick at the start of the season certainly helped, but he still kept his head when the TOIT cars were faster.

Is it just me, or has M$ retirement somehow robbed him of his deserved publicity / glory ?

Comments

• All things considered, I thought Interlagos was a great result. I agree Fernando did well and can thank MS for giving his WDCs full credibility.

MS retiring may be a greater historical event than Alonso's 2nd WDC.

The great thing is that Alonso is now the one to beat having twice taken the mantle from Michael.

The race was almost scripted, local hero Massa wins, Alonso wins, Button does well, Michael impresses and pulls off a stunning pass on Kimi, who sensibly concedes the pass, rather than taking off the Ferrari and harming his future team.

Tough luck for Mark Webber again.
  • Well done to Alonso. He kept his cool under pressure. Also well done to Shumacher for a wonderful season, yet again.
  • The most overtaking at Interlagos
    and the fastest parking at Monza!

a great record with ten blemishes

.......he could have been the greatest....

but as I've said I'm impressed with his last 2 performances so will leave it at that.

....now, I hope F1 won't be so boring.

We had a big debate at home as to whether Massa would have given the race win to Michael if MS had got to 2nd.

I am inclinded to believe that he wouldn't have, and gone on to say that Brazil was one race that he (Massa) had to win. Mind you, he might have had a sudden fuel problem, from the pits, as they approached the finish line, as we know what TOITi would have wanted.
  • Congratulations to Fred on his 2nd WDC and also to Flavio on Renault's 2006 World Team Championship. May you both stay healthy and successful in the future............

To Michael, thanks for all the great memories..............

ciao
  • I cannot imagine Massa not letting Schumy pass him in the last corners if it was a 1-2.

Imagine Schevcenko needing one more goal to end up a World Cup top scorer, and somebody else does not pass him the ball!
  • Actually, I think it would have depended on whether Alonso was set to score points, thereby securing the WDC or not.

If it was not to allow Michael the WDC but only the order of a TOIT 1-2, then I don't think massa would have been asked, or needed to give the race to MS.
  • Well done to all; the correct result. Alonso now joins a list of greats and Kimi et al will never be able to say they beat the German.

Michael retired at the right time. His legacy, with all the usual caveats, is enormous. The mystery remains why one so good had to stoop so slow on several occasions. We were all very lucky to witness him. I will never forget being close to the first corner in Austria and seeing Schumi, lap after lap, skim round the right-hander, visibly quicker than anyone else. Poetry.
  • and another (two) things ...

- TOIT wasn't quicker and Renault wasn't slower at the end of the season - it was all down to tyres (even Trulli's Toyota outsprinted Fred at the Interlagos start)

- Schumi's winning years at TOIT were dull(er) because he refused to allow a strong team-mate. What happened when Kimi was forced on him? He retired.
    TOIT, for blinkered reasons, allowed something which other dominant teams never did - team orders from the very first race of the season.
  • last year I was happy he won the title. this year he didn't deserve it.