Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi Team USA (it's official)

13»

Comments

• What about Foxtel, do they telecast Champ cars???
  • Where did you hear about Ch10 dropping ChampCars P1??

With an Australian team and driver, and now, an Australian "owned" team, I'd be bloody well gobsmacked if they did!!!!
  • DST have you seen the top 10 sports in the USA based on TV viewers published by SI? Just confirms what I said-
    1. NFL
    2. MLB
    3. NBA
    4. Nascar
    5. NHL
    6. NCAA Football
    7. NCAA Basketball
    8. IRL
    9. WNBA
    10.USPGA Golf

See CCWS does not have the viewers that IRL. Interestingly did you see the Washington post top 50 sportsmen/women of 2006? the only drivers to make the top 50 were Dan Weldon (39 IRL), Dale Earnhardt Jr (44 NASCAR) and Sam Hornish Jr (49 IRL) Oh Tiger Woods was No 1.
  • Originally posted by spark
    DST have you seen the top 10 sports in the USA based on TV viewers published by SI? Just confirms what I said-
    1. NFL
    2. MLB
    3. NBA
    4. Nascar
    5. NHL
    6. NCAA Football
    7. NCAA Basketball
    8. IRL
    9. WNBA
    10.USPGA Golf

See CCWS does not have the viewers that IRL. Interestingly did you see the Washington post top 50 sportsmen/women of 2006? the only drivers to make the top 50 were Dan Weldon (39 IRL), Dale Earnhardt Jr (44 NASCAR) and Sam Hornish Jr (49 IRL) Oh Tiger Woods was No 1.
    The Indy 500 is an event which accounts for whatever recognition bump there is over and above CC, it's also an event which has existed long before the IRL and will exist long after the IRL. I'd be willing to wager that those numbers were about the same for CART when it ran as the series which ran Indy. Indy stands apart.

Aside from and more importantly than that (since I don't watch TV ratings, I watch races), the racing stinks, the cars are way underpowered and overdownforced and have traction control to boot. Foot to the floor pack racing ain't my cup of tea.

If Dan Wheldon polled ahead of Jeff Gordon I'd have to question whether the sample polled was taken outside of the Penske shop.
  • I'm voting for emphatuation as the word of the year.
  • Originally posted by Lease
    I'm voting for emphatuation as the word of the year.
    Knowing what I know of you I'd say you'd almost have to.
  • Knowing me, knowing thyself, a-haaa
  • Ok, Not to go off topic, er, perhaps to get back on topic...

here was the final interview question:
    "Paul, with your arrival from the F1 community and now with the Champ Car World Series, is it realistic to think that there are others in the F1 community that are like you, going to look at the Champ Car World Series as something that they may also want to do?"

Stoddart: "I think blah blah blah blah blah...."

"I think I'm the only one that's publicly said it but I know privately there's at least one other Formula [One] team owner who is quietly thinking about it at this point in time."

Whom do you think Paul is referring to?
  • eddie jordan
  • we talkin the same Eddie Jordan who writes the black flag articles in F1 racing? er,um, didn't he a, sell his team a while back?

Paul said "one other team owner" in present tense... or perhaps I'm reading it wrong.

Did you have a nice Holiday James?
  • According to Muermans Katherine Legge is going to be one of the drivers for Minardi Team USA.
  • ...and Jos Verstappen (according to Muermans), but maybe I'll find out first :cool:
  • Originally posted by Selespeed
    ...and Jos Verstappen (according to Muermans), but maybe I'll find out first :cool:
    He said he hopes it will be Jos.
  • I'll bet a clap of thunder against a Goose's fart that it's Ron.
  • I did hear a sound byte not so long ago that Ron was looking at Champ Car.