Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

At last - Broadband

Last night after two and an half hours of swearing and cursing i now have broadband in my house. About bloody time oh and it was no thanks to either netgear (provide proper manuals with your products. six page documents with the same information on every page doesn't count) or tiscali (who apparantly don't like people connecting wirelessly to the internet. And that are using non tiscali endorsed modems even though the ones they provide are crap).

Comments

• welcome to the 21st century, I've had broadband for 7 years now :D
  • yeah well we're not all rich students like you.;)

[Edited on 21-12-06 by steamdrivenhammer]
  • I finally reached my limit last night with one computer running slow slow it was helpless, and another not connecting, countless unwanted "updates" with no proper explanation of what for, etc.

Finally checking my IP Config I found that the familiar IP and DNS Addresses had suddenly become
    "Tunnel adaptor Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface with addresses like fe80::5efe:192.168.2.29%2.

Checking on what all this means I find that my system now uses "IVPC-6 instead of IVP4" and equally meaningless jargon.

God spare us!!

I know a bit about computers, and programming, and networks, but how about the millions of simple users who have downloaded this latest update.

SO I FINALLY downloaded Firefox!.

Now all my computers run internet faster and simpler.

Who needs IE 7.0???
    Let's send Microsoft off to some limbo to reflect on their sins, and learn to respect their customers.

We want simple and reliable software! Nor more BS and intrusive updates.

Looks like Firefox understands that!

Spin

Spin
  • www.mac.com/switch
  • I run a program called Browser Hijack Blaster when i go online and it tells me when something online wants to change any of my system settings. Within 1.5 mins of connecting for the first time I got a message saying do you want change your BHO settings. Come on give me a chance to check the news before trying to F**k my machine up. Firefox will be downloaded tomorrow.
  • Firefox is superb dont forget to download Thunderbird for your email.