Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

3 for the chop

Schumacher, Wurz and Fisico. Fisico as Flav wants Piquet jnr in the car. A Mistake I suspect. Piquet's first season in GP2 was anonymous. Kouvalainen is really starting to show his talent now.
The FIA need to sort the overtaking problems for 2008. The loss of TC should make the car's more unstable in braking and traction areas promoting mistakes, but they need to ban all the winglets and strakes as the turbulent air they produce prevents cars from following eachother closely.

Comments

• Ralf is doing a bit better lately. While Wurz hasn't impressed during this season at all, I think he's a bit dull. As with Fisico, I don't know. For some reason I think he will drive F1 until he's 70.

From what I have heard there are no plans at all to do something about the overtaking problems in 2008. I heard something about 2009 on TV today though. :(
  • If thats so it would be a pity. It would not be a major rule change to ban the winglets for '08.
  • Karthikeyan says he has a race contract for next year with williams so it looks like Wurz is for the chop.
  • I doubt Williams are going to give a race seat to Karthikeyan. I think he has a testing contract. Strange though as he has done very little testing for the team.
  • I heard Ralf Schuei is negotiating his contract with Toyota and should be confirmed for next year.
    What Toyota management hopes from him is an absolute mystery.

Fisico has had his time in F1 and it's about time for him to get away. I think Nelsinho will take his place next year, and he'll be chopped.
    As Barrichello would have been chopped if Honda did not feel the duty to restore its drivers of the damage due to the 2007 uncompetitiveness of the car.

Wurz, apart from one or two races, is really dull like Fisico, Rubens and Ralphie, and honestly I don't see how he will have a seat next year.

Also Liuzzi and Speed will not be in the line-up, and honestly I won't miss them.

It's a shame, instead, that talentful drivers like Wilson, Bruni and Friesacher, due to lack of money did not get a second chance.
  • Wilson is at least doing alright in Champ car and should be taking over Bourdais seat next season. I've seen Bruni was recently racing for Ferrari of Houston in the ALMS series, not that high exposure but still some great racing in that series. I feel sorry for Friesacher the most because all he is doing that I know of is the Minardi F1x2.
  • Bruni has been doing well in the FIA GT series with a red car.
  • I think Glock already has Ralfie's drive.
  • I think Frank will let Karthikeyan join Spyker-Mol-Mallya or whatever its gonna be called.