Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

World Cup

Go Argentina! Aren't these guys in the Tri-Nations Yet.
Lets hope we don't see the Webb Ellis cup heading to the criminal elements again. They've already thrown a blanket over the Cricket World Cup!

Comments

• No, the Argies are not in the Tri-Nations. They would become the 4th stongest side in the world behind NZ, Aus and Seth Efrica if they were.
    Say goodbye to the Northern hemsiphere Webb Ellis. The sun beckons...
  • Forza Namibia!
  • fascinating that the world cup in France also uses stadiums in Wales and Scotland ;)

I would have imagined England getting trashed by the springbocks to nil receiving a bit more echo in here!

Wales also have to be careful with Fiji or they might be out after the first round!

[Edited on 17-9-07 by forzaminardi]
  • forza azzurri (did that black dressed team play the same sport we do?)
  • RJ, France bought the votes of Scotland and Wales to ensure they won the bid. Good, old-fashioned European alliances.

The collapse of English rugby in less than four years is astonishing; not that most of us care, as I keep telling the Welsh Mrs viges.
  • watched the samoa game today, not bad at all looked very tight until the 60th minute, luckily Johnny's back, he was the one to score the important points, including one that was quite reminiscent of his winner against the Aussies back in '03
  • my deepest condolences to mrs v, i'm sure she takes wales' exit more seriously than you do
  • Go Argentina! Scotland could be inline for their biggest defeat!
    Seriously though something has got to be done about the IRB, you can't have the 4th best team in the world existing in a twilight zone without a regular rugby tournament to help them develop. If the Tri nations are too proud to have them I'm sure they could enter the 6 nations.
    The Tongans, big men making big hits and staying on their feet in the ruck, now thats what I call rugby!!!!
  • mrs v not terribly happy at the moment but admits Wales were beaten by the better team.

I thought the Argies were going to get into the Tri/Quad Nations; their votes were bought during the last IRB conference when Japan failed to win the right to host the next World Cup. Mind you, most Argies play in Europe so it would make more sense for them to join the Six/Seven Nations.
  • As long as they play in some tournament. I had heard that the Tri-nations had approached the ARB but things seem to have gone quiet.
    Read Brian Moore's article in the Sunday Telegraph where he claims the Argies play anti- rugby. The conciet of some people....
  • Another tight win against Australia. But thts the only way to play when you positively, absolutely have to take out the criminal elements;)
  • hehe now who will the tournament... may i suggest the springbocks?
  • funny thing is that you guys assume anyone in Australia actually cares.... i'm thrilled Australia lost as it hopefully means a return to normal timeslots for F1 instead of repeats 10 hours after the event.
  • Originally posted by SuperRoo
    Say goodbye to the Northern hemsiphere Webb Ellis. The sun beckons...

:D
  • did you guys catch the kiwi game yesterday? sacre bleu :D
  • Undone by a mad professor named Laporte. FFS if you can't change your game plan after the oppositions defence has frozen you out you don't deserve to go any farther.
  • btw having just watched the fiji game I think I have to take back what I said about S'africa, what a dour display!
  • Its France; did you see them face down the Haka? Bloody Hell.

Before the game: "Everyone hates England. It's a statement of the bleeding obvious." John O'Neill, Australian rugby chief.

God Save Your Queen, old fruit, God Save Your Queen.
  • What's Rugby Union Viges . . . never heard of it???

(spent more time watching Bathurst)
  • What! South Africa and Argentina are in the Southern Hemisphere, well most of it is.

I never said Australia would win, in fact I'm not surprised they lost. They have never looked good for three years.
    Connolly was a lousy coach at Super12. Only politics got him the head coach job. Word is the Wallabies
    next coach will be a Kiwi! Strewth! Robbie Dean coaches the Canterbury Crusaders. Things must
    be desparate.

Viges, I agree. John O'Neil is a flog.

It would be a travesty if South Africa wins it. They just grind you down. Not a good advertisment for the game.

Allez Le Blues or Forza Argentina (or whatever they say)
  • I Think the term is Vamos Argentina! Yes SA are a pragmatic team but I don't know that now the pressure is off whether Argentina will be willing to play an expansive game.
  • there are so many italians in argentina that probably they say forza argentina as well
  • Well said sir.
    Just re read Superoo's comment. A Kiwi, coaching Australia? Who's paying for that wedding...?
  • Yes Petrol, a Kiwi.

Now the the All Blacks are out, they could also be chasing him.
  • It just gets better and better!!!
  • that first try was a classic :D
  • too bad for argentina but south africa was clearly better and made good use of every mistake the pumas made. and... now I'm not an expert but was the second try argentina made a regular one? I thought the south african player hit it out of the argie's hand?
  • Now, I just need South Africa to score a last second field goal to win the World cup, and for Lewis's engine to blow up (like Jensons did at the Oz GP in 06) on the last corner of the last lap while leading.

That should shut up the English press, who piss me off.
  • Morning!

Now I'm no expert but England have come to the boil at just the right time. But ... Habana is amazing.

PS What do you call the 7th/8th place play-off?

The Bledisloe Cup.

[Edited on 15-10-07 by viges]
  • Why you little *#@$!!!