Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bernie Bribes

From GP2003

According to reports in the British press, Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone is planning to make the other nine teams on the Formula One grid offers they can’t refuse to join Ferrari, the FIA and FOM in signing a new Concorde Agreement that will run through until 2012.

The Times revealed that the 74 year old is planning to offer the nine team bosses a five year plan that will see them receive $3 billion of ‘guaranteed revenue’ at a planned meeting on Tuesday of this week. Broken down it means that each team will receive a minimum of 40 million per season, starting at the end of 2007 and continuing until 2012.
Other incentives include a 35 million dollar ‘signing-on fee’ and a further 7 – 9 million simply because Bernie believes they should have received more for the recently contested 2004 season.

This is all part of a bigger plan to get all ten teams to agree to the new agreement before the rival GPWC offer even better incentives for their signatures. However, teams are expected to reveal their displeasure at ‘preferential treatment‘ for Ferrari.

The only problem I see is the fact that all teams will have 40 mil more so so their pockets will be more full but the costs will rise as F1 Teams spend al they have to keep up or advance.

Inflation

Comments

• the 74 year old is planning to offer the nine team bosses a five year plan that will see them receive $3 billion of ‘guaranteed revenue’ at a planned meeting on Tuesday of this week. Broken down it means that each team will receive a minimum of 40 million per season
    Makes you wonder how much TOIT is getting..... :rolleyes:
  • I think this is to get the little teams to shut up and take a bite of the poop sandwich.
  • As we have no manufactuer supporting us we have no choice but to choose Bernie's offer. GPWC does have our interests in mind, neither does Bernie, but better the devil you know.....