Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A Changing of the old guard

Looks like we may be seeing the last of Schumacher, Wurz, Fisico and even Barrichello in F1.
Seems the teams are looking for these hungry young turks as replacements. I know Luizzi is hardly an old hand but his future is on the line as well.

Comments

• hungry turks? you can't mean Jason Tahinci? :D
  • No I'm afraid he means Can Artam
  • where is he racing at them moment? he's not in Gp2, is he?
  • No.

btw Rubens is signed for next year and due to break Patrese's starts record in the summer.
  • Why would he want to spend another year dicing for P20?

I just can't see how the Japanese teams can turn it around. They can't even cheat properly.
  • i guess for exactly the reason that viges gave... he can never win the championship so he might as well try to set that record. dc can't be too far away from patrese's mark either
  • BTW, it seems that De Montezemolo may be trying to get rid of Todt. Speculation exists as to whether its due to the Stepneygate fall out and whether he's unhappy with having to take Nicolas Todt's drivers as well. He was not keen to have Massa driving for the race team.
    That might explain the rumours of a Todt buyout of Mateschitz's share at STR.
  • wurz is out, probably to be replaced by little Nelson at Interlagos
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    wurz is out, probably to be replaced by little Nelson at Interlagos
    Looks like Nakajima-san is confirmed
  • Great! He's a real racer!
  • "He was not keen to have Massa driving for the race team."

But I think Felipe did the right things this season....
  • According to rumours,apart from Ralf Schuei and Wurz who leave, there shall not be a real changing of the old guard. Fisico should stay (he's supposed to sign with Force India in the next few hours).

Trulli might get out: Kovalainen hinted that instead of McLaren he might go to Toyota, and not certainly to replace Glock.
    I really hope this doesn't happen, and that Heikki goes to Macca to pair Clewlis and Jarno stays (as an Italian, I'd rather give up Fisico).

Coulthard and Barrichello, instead, are staying!!!! 2008 will be their year.
  • how odd fisico's career has been! sure they make a lot of dosh but joining force india at this stage of his career is just sad...
  • Done! Kovalainen got McLaren's second seat.

So, Trulli's seat with Toyota should be confirmed, and, if Fisico signs next week with Toyota, the 2008 line-up should be complete.