Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

excel

relatively new to excel so I have a question and am hoping for an excel whiz in here... let's say I have a given week from 10.01 until 16.01

let's say I want to enter the 10.01 into cell D2 (the heading) and then want the dates to line up nicely (and automatically) into cells D5 until J5 (10.01, 11.01, 12.01 etc) so I can write something into the columns below... HOW does one do that?

Comments

• I am not a real expert but try this:

write the first two dates you want on 2 different columns (obvioulsy the columns will be touching each other and not columns that are far away from each other.

shade them

go to the right hand bottom side of the shaded part

click the mous and keep clicked

drag the selection

it should work, try it...
  • now that's the easy way... to do it automatically, as i found out yesterday (and i'm using the details from the example above)

write =D2 into cell D5 and then =D2+1 into E5 =D2+2 into F5 and so on

obviously this is for forms that you need to fill in again and again (like timetables etc) if you just have to do it once, it's too much work :-)
  • I think if you grab the handlebar in the lower right corner of the cell and drag down the column or over the row to the final cell you want the to order to follow in, it will do it automatically.

that is assuming that i am understanding your question correctly.

this also works with dates