Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Indaycars 2009

Any chance the Minardi name will return to American racing next season after their instant success in 2007 with Robert Doornbos? :)
It would be a shame if they didnt but with the hopeless job theyve done of uniting the two series' I can see why Mr Stoddart would want to stay away!

Comments

• If I do remember correctly what Stoddard had said, I believe that he is waiting for them to introduce their new chassis so that the playing field is leveled. Now whether that remains the case I have no idea. Personally I would like it if he did enter, but I'm not getting my hopes up either.
  • Same here. I would love it as well. I watched champcar all season last year and I'm starting to miss it. Hopefully there will be a little less ovals on the IRL calendar next season.
  • There will be less ovals in 2009, but they'll stick to the same old, bulky, expensive and slow Dallara. The car will be replaced in 2011... Better tune in to Superleague Formula in the mean time.
  • For some reason I really thought they had plans for a new car in 2009. Interesting way to scare of any left-over ex-Champcar teams that still were thinking to make the jump.
  • The 2009 new car plan has been changed, since the delivery of a lot of new tubes this year by Dallara. To make the investment (expensive Euro) worth while, the teams have to run these tubes a couple of years... So anyone who thought they way the merger was executed was a step forward; it's not.
  • I recently read that the IRL is going to bring the new cars in 2010.
    I am really wondering why they did not do it when the current season was about to begin.
    for sure, all teams would have had problems but it would have been more fair than to make races between teams who are used to the car and who are not.
    I know, there was kind of support between new and old teams but data are not the only thing.

I also read that the current cars are very easy to "make them fly" because they would be very sensitive.