Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

German

It is official, I am having a beginners course in German!
Who speaks German over here? RJ?
Guten tag! Tschus!

Comments

• Learnt most of my german as a kid watching Hogan's Heroes. Not much good in the real world as it turns out.
  • I am not only speaking german....I am german. Heard that german(espacially the pronounciation) is kind of popular. Try this:

"Herr Oberfeldwebel,ich blute !!!"("staff sergeant,Sir, I am bleeding")
    "Ja warum das denn?!" ("Why the hell?")
    "Ich habe mich am Anspitzer geschnitten !!!"("I cut myself on the sharpener")
    "Oh Gott und Sie tragen jetzt ein Taschenmesser ?"("My god and you are now having a penknife ?!"

Im Übrigen schreibt sich Tschüss mit Ü, das gibt es aber nicht auf nicht-deutschen Tastaturen ;)

es gibt auch ein deutsches Minardiforum (www.minardi-forum.de.vu), leider zur Zeit etwas inaktiv.

[Bearbeitet am 26-2-09 von DONTSTOP]

[Bearbeitet am 26-2-09 von DONTSTOP]
  • How peaceful..........Just flows off the tongue, doesn't it...
  • Like molassis on a cold winter's morn............
  • and you have to pronounce the w as v... but what I really cannot understand is how to put the der, das or die... because some of the things that seem perfectly feminine take das and vice versa, it is really difficult. And then there is the akkusativ! Oh Gott!
  • What the!!! It's all Dutch to me......
  • der is normally used for male things, like "der Friseur".
    die is used for female like "die Stadt" (the town).
    das is for neutral things like "das Essen" (the food).

But in different cases, der is a form of das or die. I know there was a rule in Latin when a word is what sex but not in german. A problem today is that the Dativ is often used instead of the Genitiv.

nice (german) joke "Genitiv ins Wasser! Wieso, ist es dativ?".