Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Seth Efrica chase down 414...

...on the WACA. Absolutely positively the fastesf bounciest pitch in world cricket.
Where have your bowlers gone? I speak as someone who watched the terminal decline of the Glorious Windies. Once you get on the slippery slope its the Devil's own work to get off.

Comments

• Bring on the Ashes ...

(yes, I know England are a bit rubbish at the moment as well)

On the plus side, post Warne/McGrath, Test cricket is quite open now. Windies v England should be interesting.

PS Thank God Stanford has gone.
  • Yes one has to wonder what the ECB was thinking getting into bed with Stanford. Even the incompetent West Indies Cricket Board management kept him at arms length.
  • Yes, our bowlers are rubbish. Not much coming through the academy. Apart from maybe India I see Cricket worldwide on the decline, esp Test Cricket...
  • C'mon Roo how can you say that. I know you lost at the WACA but it was an exciting match as was India's run chase in Chennai. It just goes to show that the longer game is as absorbing as ever.
    PS your bats must be dreading the new referral scheme, it puts an end to the cheats charter of not walking;)
  • A great result for the Protea's. Ouch that hurt.

Petrol, that WACA pitch hasn't been the same since they changed it some years ago. It was dusting up on day 3. It's lost pertty much all it's nastiness. The selectors got the wrong Victorian bowler in the side. They should've had Dirk Nannes in the team rather than Siddle.

The South Africans played it out exactly as they should have. Some of the journo's here are calling for Ponting and Lee's scalps, but the buggers just outplayed us and adapted to the changing conditions better than us,simple as that. Can't wait for boxing day, and thank god for test cricket.
  • Why on earth did they change the pitch? I remember the glory years of Windies quick bowlers going to the WACA and blasting out the opposition. What a pity!!!
  • They went to a drop-in pitch there probably 10 years ago now, same as the MCG. Mainly due to the centre wicket area being troublesome with the crossover from the Aussie Rules footy season and the cricket season. In doing so, they changed the direction of the pitch which went from a north-south wicket to a south-west to north-east direction.

Now instead of the "Fremantle Doctor" blowing across the wicket, it blows in-line with the wicket, so somebody has it directly behind them and the other poor bugger bowls directly into it.

Meanwhile, we're still having trouble bowling otu the SA tail order. Will be heading to the MCG on Tuesday for day 5. Cant wait!!!
  • Mate, lookes like like Cricket Australia have a bush fire roaring away that no-one can put out. How many did the lats 3 wickets put on at the MCG?
  • Well, a day at the 'G well spent, except for the result. The ppress here are having a field day. Australian cricket in crisis is the basic crux of it all. But that's journo's for you, got to sell papers I 'spose.

Jeez, you lose one home series in 16 years and suddenly we're in crisis!!!! We've been the top of the tree for years and now we need to go through the generational change that all teams do. It's as simple as that. The South African's have been building this team since their return in 1992.( I still have my Protea World Cup shirt)

I think the reason it hurts so much is that the South African's are so similar in character to Australians. If I was Cricket Australia or a selector, I'd be using the SA leg of this series to blood some new blokes for the Ashes series in Pomgolia next year, but I don't think wholesale changes are going to solve anything.
  • I like the sound of Bollinger opening the bowling. Does he get up the batsmens' noses?
  • Well, he can move the ball in the air, so that'll do for a start. And his new hair is working well too.

With Brett Lee forcibly resting should help as well. H e hasn't looked right since he came back from the India tour. Heard he lost a fair bit of weight while he was there, so the rest should allow him to rebuild his body and not just his foot.

The next leg of this series is the chance to try some new blokes and do some rebuilding before we head over for the next Ashes series(the important one). McDonald needs the exposure to international level as well. He can move the ball in the air both ways and off the seam, so England will(should) be the ideal climate for him. If he can get the kookaburra to swing, his biggest problem in England should be swinging the Duke too much.

• I think the reason it hurts so much is that the South African's are so similar in character to Australians
    ........if you ignore the part about their traditional owners now being equally in control of the country.....ahem
  • ...and they have rubbish accents..
  • "traditional owners", vs "traditional inhabitants", raises a whole other issue, even amongst the Aboriginal culture.

And their accents make them sound like cartoon characters.
  • We Poms remain utterly impartial on the issue of ... errr ... oh, I've just got to ... I'll be back in a moment ...