Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Brits moving Down Under in droves

A RECORD number of Britons are moving to Australia, with Queensland their destination of choice, a new survey shows.

Britain's ailing economy and gloomy weather are believed to be the main reasons many people are packing up and moving Down Under, according to the Move Monitor survey carried out for removalist firm Pickfords.

The study found a 31 per cent leap in the number of Britons who moved to Australia in 2008 compared to the previous year.

Queensland was the most popular state to set up home in for Britons wanting a new life in Australia for the second consecutive year.

However, there was a 44 per cent rise in the number of people wanting to move to Adelaide and a 42 per cent increase in Melbourne's popularity.

"The Move Monitor has revealed that Queensland is our most popular destination in Australia I am sure the quality of life, sunnier climate and diverse job opportunities play a part in the relocation decision," spokesman Graham Hardwick said.

About 40,000 Britons moved to Australia in 2007, with about 23,000 intending to stay permanently.
The Move Monitor tracks the relocation trends of Pickford's 7000 customers who move overseas each year.
I'm sure the heat will eventually drive them back...

Comments

• Or the cyclone induced flooding in the north of queensland.
  • Add an outbreak of dengue fever.
  • Ross River Fever, snakes, spiders, drop bears, Dame Edna, Rolf Harris!
  • Nice enough place, shame about the natives.
  • Also reports this morning of Salties floating down the main street of Ingham. Sounds just like the Katherine floods of '98. Crocs in the main street and the manager of the local woolworths put out the rumour that one was trapped in the supermarket to try and keep the looters out of the place. It worked.
  • New South Wales (Sydney) will be officially the hottest place on Earth today at 47d C. Melbourne will be 43 tomorrow.

So you have a choice to Freeze your nuts in England, or have them roasted or boiled in Australia. (Note to self, stock up on beer this weekend)