Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

SA Thumped

After the no contest of Australia's defeat of South Africa, was their loss at home simply an aberation.
I don't see the Ashes being much of a test for them either. 3 or 4 nil is a realistic outcome.

Comments

• Let's not get too carried away yet, PT. As long as we win the contest I'll be happy, and we've got some blokes who are yet to be tried under English conditions.

Biggest issue the media are talking about at the moment is, who do we leave out to make way for the return of Brett Lee! Hilfenhaus or McDonald look the most likely, but both of them swing the ball so it'll be tricky.
  • Just our bloody luck.
  • Oznomad, Durban under lights was a trial run for the English conditions. Seth Efrica ( please say with a stong Afrikaans accent) folded! Their batting lineup is way better than anything England can find, unless they're thinking of exhuming Dennis Compton and Peter May or W G Grace...
  • or Michael Vaughan.
  • Actually, batting is not the problem. Strauss, Cook, Pietersen, Collingwood + Vaughany is a great line-up (No.3 is an issue).

We do not have a strikeforce of the 2005 vintage - ie four bowlers all taking wickets.
  • Yes, contrasting form from both teams leading to the Ashes. England at home always rise to the colonial challenge.
    It will come down to how the youth brigade handle the added pressure.
  • "Just our bloody luck." hehehehehe McDonald will probably get the gig, mainly because of his greater ability with the bat. Younger too, so looking to the future, he may be a better long term prospect.