Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Shanghai

Everything turned on its head. There has been a bit of a furore over Briatore's description of Button but I think he means that in equal machinery he won't better the likes of Vettel, Alonso and Raikonnen.
Mind you he's put Piquet Junior in a car, if ever a driver's goose was cooked...

Comments

• What a season! Well done Seb. TOIT are so bad they make McLaren look good.

Jense should have taken pity on Flav by calling him a sad, old fat man. If you believe Button, Flav tried to sign him at the end of last year.
  • A lot of inconsistent GP's by teams this year. Except for TOIT who are consistently rubbish. I reckon Kimi will walk at the end of year.
    Newey is making his mark with the new regs, and Flav is trying to divert flak on the new Reggie by having a crack at Brawn.

Well done to Seb and Mark. Have shown speed all year and finally got it right on race day. Doc Mario probably spent too much time on KERS and not enough
    on the chassis. Macca, while not as rubbish as TOIT may yet self implode. Liargate scars yet to deepen.

Brawn just keeping the points ticking over.

[Edited on 19-4-09 by SuperRoo]
  • Yes, very well done to Webbo but I suspect he's going to become a No. 2 this year. I now welcome thoughts from Oz.
  • It is too early to write off The Only Italian Team. Mark my words.
  • Yes, very well done to Webbo but I suspect he's going to become a No. 2 this year. I now welcome thoughts from Oz.
    Most probably, but I think we will see Mark's best result year in 09'. I think he has been outqualified in all races, which hasn't happened
    in his F1 career to date. I have noticed that he is more bullish in his race craft this year. I don't know if it's the pressure from Seb, or because the car is so good, or both.

I believe they are probably the best paired team mates at the moment and this is the best car they have driven. Lets hope RBR can captitalise on the bigger teams lacklustre start and get more wins in the bag.
    It is too early to write off The Only Italian Team. Mark my words.
    They are already zipping up the body bag Neil.

The car is rubbish but can be improved. The running of the team though.....Interesting that the Toad was lurking...

[Edited on 21-4-09 by SuperRoo]
  • It looks interesting. TOIT are in a hole..... but they can still turn it around. The problem is testing is banned so its a case of run what you brung!
    As I see it Renault, Macca, TOIT and BMW all have the ability to improve dramatically. The fact that the double diffusor is worth .5s a lap means that they all will be bolting them on and even at 60% efficiency that puts them all in the ballpark for wins.
    PS I've heard that bruno Senna has been Told by Bernie to sit tight as there is likely to be a driver opening soon. Any ideas as to where that might be?
  • Originally posted by Petroltorque
    PS I've heard that bruno Senna has been Told by Bernie to sit tight as there is likely to be a driver opening soon. Any ideas as to where that might be?
    From what I've read several drivers are under threat. Namely Rubens (unlikely unless sponsors are needed), Bourdais (harsh but he is being outperformed by a rookie), Mini-Nelson (probable as he is having a shocker and Fisichella ( also unlikely as I don't think Sutil could develope the car)
  • I'd say Nelsinho. Now it's hard to deny that simply (as Murray Walker said about Ian Magnussen) he's not good enough for F1.
    Difficult Barrichello to be dropped for a rookie until the team is leading the dance.
    RBR performance in Shanghai, with no double diffusers, was simply amazing (and Seb is a future outstanding champion), but now I'm curious to see what will happen in Bahrein and Spain, they should be two dry races in "ordinary" circuits, so will probably tell more about the real forces. If Jenson dominates both, it will become difficult for anyone to come back over him.
    Ferrari's team management is becoming ridiculous. Macca and Renault are doing much better with cars that are surely worse.....
    Very strange inconsistency by BMW, instead.
    This year we had the first win and one-two by Brawn and RBR (plus the first win for BMW and Toro Rosso last year), and we might get the maiden victory for Toyo as well, if Trulli has the chance to start from pole or P2 in a circuit where overtaking is difficult like Barcelona or Montecarlo.
    As for Flav's judgments, I agree it's partly out of frustration, and partly to divert attention from Renault's disaster so far.
    Curious to see what will happen when all teams get double diffusors (and when it will happen, and how much it will cost.