Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi to drive in the streets of amsterdam

13»

Comments

• Pretty impressive staff, i am trying to catch up with all these news......things are looking really good for next season..... lets hope CA above all will have a smooth cooperation with the team and PS....
  • Re. Superfund: don't worry. The engine cover is sponsor-free at the moment. I'm convinced that it's reserved for Superfund as usual.

Good to see Allegrini stayed on as well (nose cone).
  • [quote]Surely you mean a domestic branch of a multinational ;)
    Even so if the sponsorship brings results for the domestic arms of these companies (JVC, Sony, TOTAL, etc) it will bring the team to the attention of the head offices and hopefully encourage bigger sponsorship in future. [/quote]

Absolutely, if all thank our local offices of JVC for the sponsorship, they might think that Minardi is great value.

• Good to see Allegrini stayed on as well (nose cone).
    Also did anyone else notice Leaseplan appeared to be on the car again?
  • re: JVC local offices.

I approach JVC Australia for some assistance with Minardi Club Melbourne. They seemed enthusiastic to begin with, but wont even give me permission to use a logo on my website. Shame, as I had a great flash to put on the website.

I feel like ringing them and telling them to have a heart, but alas I will just let it slide.
  • [quote]Good to see Allegrini stayed on as well (nose cone).
    Also did anyone else notice Leaseplan appeared to be on the car again? [/quote]

I saw it on Pastorelli's car during the Misano test but I don't know if they were on the car yesterday.
  • On the high res pic you posted earlier in this thred, vuurmuur, on the rear flip ups above Bridgestone I think
  • Lease Plan came as Alonso's sponsors and have stayed since then (CEO of Lease Plan is spaniard and friend of Fernando) no matter they still sponsor Alonso personally (look for them in Alonso's gear, in the sleeves).
    They provide free cars to the team in exchange, tech partners. If you remember when Greg Wheeler went to the airport to get TDW coming form the Netherlands for seat fitting, he was driving a LeasePlan car.

Now you've got a helluva icon, Alloy.
  • Leaseplan is also owned by one of Albers' partners: ABN Amro

• Now you've got a helluva icon, Alloy.
    Thanks, it's the screen I use for T-shirts

• re: JVC local offices.

I approach JVC Australia for some assistance with Minardi Club Melbourne. They seemed enthusiastic to begin with, but wont even give me permission to use a logo on my website. Shame, as I had a great flash to put on the website.

I feel like ringing them and telling them to have a heart, but alas I will just let it slide.
    The problem is that JVC Australia does'nt have anything to do with this sponsorship, JVC Holland sponsors CA, not the main company.

[Edited on 28/1/2005 by Steve]
  • Looks like a great event; let's hope it reels in a personal sponsor to 'go big' with the team. Love the all black look.
  • On the high res pic you posted earlier in this thred, vuurmuur, on the rear flip ups above Bridgestone I think
    Oh, yes you're right. I did not see it before.:spank:
  • http://www.2gotv.nl/Upload/christijan_albers_amsterdam.wmv

I don't know if this piece of video was posted here already. Enjoy anyway.
  • The problem is that JVC Australia does'nt have anything to do with this sponsorship, JVC Holland sponsors CA, not the main company.

[Edited on 28/1/2005 by Steve]
    I understand that... but the benefit doesnt accrue only to JVC Holland, it is felt in all countries where F1 has a presence.

Whether JVC Holland pays for it or not, thats beside the point. However, I approached them about 'extending' the relationship
  • [quote. but the benefit doesnt accrue only to JVC Holland, it is felt in all countries where F1 has a presence. [/quote]

Hell yes! The next time I have a need to buy an electronic device I will look at JVC first. No shit, thats what supporting the Team is all about. it is the only way.

BTW Junior - how did you go about contacting JVC OZ and what are the terms you approached them with? I might just do the same with their US division in order to help offset MCSF's expenses.
  • I'm always excited about a new season for us, but there's something REALLY exciting about this year.
  • Check these streaming vids by our new sponsor lostboys!

http://lostboys.garnierstreamingmedia.com/
  • Lease Plan came as Alonso's sponsors and have stayed since then (CEO of Lease Plan is spaniard and friend of Fernando) no matter they still sponsor Alonso personally (look for them in Alonso's gear, in the sleeves).
    They provide free cars to the team in exchange, tech partners. If you remember when Greg Wheeler went to the airport to get TDW coming form the Netherlands for seat fitting, he was driving a LeasePlan car.
    Correction - The CEO of Leaseplan is its Cairman, Hugo Levecke - a Belgian, who incidentally was in Australia this week. He pinched my missus for lunch on Sunday (they used to work together in Belgium).

The CEO of Leaseplan Spain is the Alonso groupie.

Leaseplan in all countries used to supply cars to Minardi when they were in town as a consequence of Spain's sponsorship.
    Leaseplan is also owned by one of Albers' partners: ABN Amro
    Another correction - and shame on you not knowing since you are a Dutchman; ABN AMRO have sold their entire holding in Leaseplan to a consortium made up of Volkswagen and a couple of Greek/Arab investment groups. Leaseplan is technically, no longer a Dutch company.

They have a long association with motor racing and formula one. Some may recall some years ago that there was a Lamborghini series that accompanied the F1 circus. The cars and the infrastructure were al owned by Leaseplan (France, I tthink). They were leased to their playboy drivers as an all-iclusive deal - just show up and drive.

And finally they were direct sponsors of F1 hopefuls' Eric Van Der Poele and some guy I can't remember right now.

[Edited on 1/2/2005 by Lease]
  • Trust on the Minardi for free eh?

In other words, they're now pushing the money in through the back door and they screwed V-erstappen.

[Edited on 1/2/2005 by Stan]
  • Nice detailed info Lease. Then who's sponsoring Minardi? The spaniard branch or the whole company from its headquarters?
  • Jeez Lease I can't believe you mentioned the "L" word!!!!!!!!
  • Well my beef really is with LP-A.

Might even have to put that aside shortly as our board is considering a paper that I did that, if progressed, would as one option include a JV with the likes of them......ughh!
  • Is it Melbourne and the magnificent Victorian weather, or your age that is finally mellowing you??? :D