Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Campos racing F1 2010 ?

Was watching the gp2 race on friday and it was saying that Campos racing have put there names in the hat to join F1 in 2010.I hope this is true as the ex Minardi man would get my support? (FINGERS CROSSED)

Comments

• ____________________________________________________
    Quote from steamdrivenhammer

According to the list just published on Autosport.com
    the new entrants are

Campos Grand Prix
    Team USF1
    And Manor Grand Prix

the last one came from out of left field but its a colaboration between John Booth boss of Manor Motorsport and Nick Wirth him from Simtek.

Bet Prodrive and Lola are gutted.

Of course there are several provisional entries on the list so other teams may get a look in.

Confirmed! The three new teams are Manor, Campos and USF1.
    It's clearly a good news for Minardi fans, and I guess we're all ready to support Adrian. Even though I still doubt he can really make it to F1, at least for 2010. Just like Manor.
    USF1 sounds like a safer bet.

I'm very surprised, though, how Prodrive was excluded.

But the greatest thing is that the trend from the past years seems to be reverting, the new entrants are no more Toyota, Honda, Bmw, Renault, but independent teams, "garagists", as Enzo Ferrari defined them.

Which is a first step to the return to the real F1.
    Of course, it all depends if the budgets really get cut between 2010 and 2012, otherwise these teams will end up like Super Aguri, Arrows, Prost, Minardi, Simtek, Forti, Pacific, to speak only about the last 13-14 years.....

Ferrari was admitted to the 2010 championship, but Montezemolo confirmed they're not going to take part if the FIA conditions do not change, and "Ferrari's rights keep being violated".

Instead, Renault, Red Bull, Toyota, BMW and McLaren were admitted with reserve, which means that theoretically some of them may get out and further new teams may be admitted. I do not expect anything on that side, though.

And, yes, it will be great to see again 26 cars on the grid!!!!
  • yup it's just been confirmed it seems!! well, at least I'll have someone to root for next season!
  • All three new teams will be Cosworth powered. I think Campos are using Dallara chassis. Hopefully they won't end up with an IRL look-a-like.
  • Great stuff, Forza Campos! The Valencia GP will be something special.
  • I read something like they were planning to race in F1 soon already during last year but I did not know that there were 13 places for F1 Teams in 2010.

So Campos did not really surprise me.

I think that prodrive deserves not to take part. They had their chance last year but they did not use it.