Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Where does this leave Zsolt

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/14914/

In his zest for a better seat he may miss out.

Quick Zsolt, Kiesa hasn't got a contract yet.

Comments

• According to his manager, Zsolt is trying to get a cockpit at Jordan.... Well, after the deal with Midland, he doesn't have good chances, i think.
  • ^I never understood Zsolt manager. He will never catch up with Doornbos budget (forget about Glock) and yet he still tries Jordan leaving Minardi aside. Now even Glock and Doornbos may have problems, since Midland can choose Pizza of Heidfeld after Williams decision, maybe even Davidson. They have dosh, no need for paying drivers.
    Zsolt's over unless he can make a miracle comeback and get more sponsors than Kiesa:spank:
  • My understanding Yoko is that both Heidfeld and Pizzonia are ALREADY under contract for Williams for 2005 so Midland would not be able to have the 'loser' of the shootout for the race drive any way cos the loser will be the test driver.
    Midland are courting that usueless Indian driver that we were courting a while back Keythian or some other spelling cos I ain't looking it up right now.........Now Minardi might have something to cheer about if he got the drive.
    Where does this leave Zsolt
    Hopefully not at Minardi, but if the car is slow it matters not who drives......At the back is at the back you can't go any further back no matter who drives!
  • ^I never understood Zsolt manager. He will never catch up with Doornbos budget (forget about Glock) and yet he still tries Jordan leaving Minardi aside. Now even Glock and Doornbos may have problems, since Midland can choose Pizza of Heidfeld after Williams decision, maybe even Davidson. They have dosh, no need for paying drivers.
    Zsolt's over unless he can make a miracle comeback and get more sponsors than Kiesa:spank:
    I think Zsolt was told by Minardi that he had no chance of securing the drive with the team because they already found a driver with the budget that they are looking for. Minardi probably already know for a few weeks now who is going to be the second driver.
  • It seems Midlands manager wants Davidson to drive for them and Glock seems to have 14 millin $ in sponsorbacking.
  • Hopefully not at Minardi, but if the car is slow it matters not who drives......At the back is at the back you can't go any further back no matter who drives!
    Always great to have some optimism in these parts Matt!

Karthikeyan isn't a terrible driver. Quite possibly better than Kiesa.

If Glock has $14 million in sponsorship monies then I am Judas Jordan himself.
  • [quote]Hopefully not at Minardi, but if the car is slow it matters not who drives......At the back is at the back you can't go any further back no matter who drives!

If Glock has $14 million in sponsorship monies then I am Judas Jordan himself. [/quote]

Indeed he has: Deutsche Post/DHL
  • I think Zsolt was told by Minardi that he had no chance of securing the drive with the team because they already found a driver with the budget that they are looking for. Minardi probably already know for a few weeks now who is going to be the second driver.
    Was this said before or after Bruni went to GP2? Cos Bruni could have been the guy with the sponsorship..........
  • Karthikeyan isn't a terrible driver. Quite possibly better than Kiesa.
    Ha ha, is that actually a measuring stick?
    He is also faster than grass, trees and slugs too........:P
  • Karthikeyan isn't terrible. He makes unforced errors sometimes but then so do all drivers. If he can lessen those he'll be alright.
  • Minardi TATA, anyone. :hehe:
  • Dunno Matt, it's like what Vfan says about Davidson. All are contracted drivers but with a release clause. I guess If Heidfeld's in Pizza won't be that interested to remain, and maybe has a release clause if he gets a drive. Davidson is more expensive, since BAR fears losing Jense for 2006 and may want Davidson as substitute.
    If Shnaider wants 'em, he seems to have the monies to get 'em.
  • I don't get what they all see in Davidson..... In my opinion he isn't THAT good .
  • [quote][quote]Hopefully not at Minardi, but if the car is slow it matters not who drives......At the back is at the back you can't go any further back no matter who drives!

If Glock has $14 million in sponsorship monies then I am Judas Jordan himself. [/quote]

Indeed he has: Deutsche Post/DHL [/quote]

You're trying to tell me that they're going to make the same mistake again, and this time with $14 million so that their pay-to-drive guy can have a seat? Add these things up in your head before you say them.

Kiesa has to be the measuring stick. He's the guy paying big bucks for the second seat. If it wasn't Kiesa then racer_x would be the measuring stick.
  • I don't get what they all see in Davidson..... In my opinion he isn't THAT good .
    Nothing special IMHO Stan. Talks much more than drives, plenty of bulls* BTW.
  • Minardi TATA, anyone. :hehe:
    Sorry Toit got in first.

Tata is suppling data services to them.

• So, who's still in the running for the Minardi seats?

According to Dutch andf German teletext:
    2nd driver: Zsolt or Kiesa (both had pre-contracts)
    3rd driver: Van Hooijdonck or Maldonado

For the 2nd seat I hope Zsolt and for the 3rd seat the one with the biggest wallet !!!!!
  • Glock isn't an option Steve, looks like he's focussing on Champcar right now.
  • It seems Karthikeyan has $14,000,001 in sponsorship. ;)
  • I just read it on F1Total.com. Let's hope he can find the money and become our 2nd driver.
  • Go Zsolt

Im sure he's faster than Kiesa:)
  • ^Dunno, but at least he knows the team and car better and socred a point thanks to race finishings, many outpacing teammate. That's much than Kiesa's job before.
  • It seems Karthikeyan has $14,000,001 in sponsorship. ;)
    one of his sponsors is named Bernie!

do you know how many people live in India??
  • It's the 2nd most populated country in the world (behind China) !!!!
  • GrandPrix.com says Zslt is nr 2 in line (after Kiesa), but might also be talking to Doornbos (!?!?):
    Nicolas Kiesa was due to be confirmed as a Minardi driver this week but nothing has been heard about the Danish driver and thus it is safe to assume that he is still trying to get the necessary money together to fund the drive. The team is unlikely to sit around waiting for Kiesa and is now understood to be talking once again with Hungary's Zsolt Baumgartner, who appears to be second in line to the Minardi "throne" alongside Christijan Albers. The team is also believed to be in discussion with another Dutchman, Robert Doornbos about a deal as he is believed to have some money available having lost ou on a drive at Jordan.
  • It's the 2nd most populated country in the world (behind China) !!!!
    All I know is that it would not be good to have McDonalds as his sponsor.
  • Baumgartner back in the picture?

Nicolas Kiesa was due to be confirmed as a Minardi driver this week but nothing has been heard about the Danish driver and thus it is safe to assume that he is still trying to get the necessary money together to fund the drive. The team is unlikely to sit around waiting for Kiesa and is now understood to be talking once again with Hungary's Zsolt Baumgartner, who appears to be second in line to the Minardi "throne" alongside Christijan Albers. The team is also believed to be in discussion with another Dutchman, Robert Doornbos about a deal as he is believed to have some money available having lost ou on a drive at Jordan.
    hasek
  • Doornbos himself seems to have said that two dutchmen at Minardi would not be a great idea. He rather seeks for a good testseat.

But that could be tactics as well. We have to wait. And wait.
    I can not see anything positive in such a late announcement.:rolleyes: