Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Glock Signs for Manor/Virgin/ Simtek2

Timo Glock has signed for Manor/Virgin/Simtek2 as team leader for next year. According to Crash.net favourites to join him are either Adam Carroll or Lucas Di Grassi.

Crash.net are also speculating that it means Renault are gonna pull out.

I'm not so sure I just think that Timo got tired of waiting and thought i might as well sign for Manor/Virgin/Simtek2 as team leader than wait until Renault have made their minds up cause he could be without a seat.

Comments

• I suppose Timo knows already Renault are going to pull out, and that waiting would have meant staying without a seat. For a driver like him, who still has to show most of his value, a year with a backmarker is still better than a year out.

I'm ready to bet Renault are going to pull out. This also explains the delay by Brawn/Mercedes in announcing the second driver: they're waiting for Kubica. Otherwise, after Button's move to Macca and Kimi's sabbatical announcement, they would have already announced Heidfeld, who's the only other top gun remaining in the market.
    I guess for Nick the only option would then remain to stay with QADBAK and hope it to be the 2010 Brawn. But there's a big difference: no Ross behind it........
  • It is rumoured that Renault need 30mil to continue.

According to rumours a couple of companies were sniffing round regarding sponsorship deals.

Panasonic were looking to stick Kobayashi in the second seat.

Nokia were also rumoured to be thinking about sponsoring the team but its gone a bit quiet since crashgate.
  • According to Crash.net Di Grassi is now favourite for the second seat.
  • Scrub that last post crash.net are saying that Adam Carroll is in discussions with Virgin Racing. Couple that with the fact that Di Grassi tested the Renault at Jerez yesterday then maybe Adam will get the seat.