Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Nissany

JANUARY 28, 2005
Minardi and Nissany

Our spies tell us that Minardi will soon name Israeli driver Chanoch Nissany as a test driver for the 2005 season. Nissany has tested for the team and looks likely to take on the role of tester although Minardi will not be doing a great deal of testing between races in 2005. There was a similar deal with Portugal's Tiago Monteiro last season.

Nissany's link with F1 will help raise the profile of the sport in Israel and there have been stories knocking about of a group who want to build a Formula 1 circuit in the Negev desert. It seems that the plan would be for a testing facility for the winter rather than a racing facility as Israel's unstable political situation is decidedly unattractive to the F1 world.

GrandPrix.com

Comments

• What kind of tech ability does this guy have. No race experience at any of the F1 circuits to speak of, no series competition history....

Unless he has buku funds I think we would be better off with somebody else.
  • I just hope that he won't become friday-test-driver.....

So, if he has the money: Welcome Chanock ;)
  • Obviously he must be paying a whole lot of money.
  • So he's basically got the same role Tiggy had this year... turn up at the launch, and drive the car once come October...
  • Would'nt be surprised if Bernie would be behind this move. Offering some sort of financial recompense to Stoddart to enable Bernie to get a foothold in Israel.
  • I can't belive! A 42 years old businessman in a F1 car with 3 years of racing experience., what a crazy world is this?

anyway... i really hope he give us a lot of money
  • So he's basically got the same role Tiggy had this year... turn up at the launch, and drive the car once come October...
    The difference being that this guy has money.

ATi, welcome back.
  • It's a good oportunity to make you visit the site i created for Nissany. (if you didn't do so till now)
    The racing career may open your eyes a bit to understand that Chanoch altough his age is a rookie in the sport and should be treated accordingly.
    http://nissany.iosport.st

Chanoch has some experience in F1 circuits like Barcelona, Monza, Silverstone, Spa,A1 Ring & Hungaroring. and he drove over 800KM in both Jordan and Minardi F1 cars.

[Edited on 29/1/2005 by Boos]
  • :D :D In 2002......In go-karting
    Chanoch started to practice at the Nachsonim circuit and participated in a local Yamaha 100cc Karting league for about half a year.
    Should end '.......until his cover was blown and he was disqualified for being over the age limit of 8 years old!!!!
  • I, too, hope we are getting a load of cash for this stunt.
  • I don't think Stoddie will run this old richman unless he pays well. Seems like a Zlobo clon. I want Johnny Carwash back!
  • Tommorow is the big day.
    Rummors say that the team members are already in israel.
  • I want Johnny Carwash back!
    me to, me to
  • Tommorow is the big day.
    Rummors say that the team members are already in israel.
    3rd driver or 4th?
  • 3rd driver or 4th?
    I Don't know but my guess will be 4th
  • Are there any infos on the net about the announcement tomorow?
  • Are there any infos on the net about the announcement tomorow?
    Not that i'm aware of.
    There will be tommorow.
    The rumors say that they brought a car with them and it will be interesting to see if there will be addition of stickers on it.
  • Maybe it's for the sponsordeal that GCM was talking about ?!
  • On TOMS too

NISSANY APPOINTED MINARDI TESTER

TEL AVIV, ISRAEL, February 2, 2005

In a groundbreaking development for Israeli motorsport, the Minardi F1 Team is today pleased to announce that, following two successful tests, and a further planned for later this week, it has signed Chanoch Nissany as an official test driver for the 2005 season. Budapest-domiciled Nissany will assist the team with its test and development programme in the course of the year, although he is not scheduled to take part in Friday test sessions during Formula One weekends. The news was officially revealed Wednesday morning to a packed press conference in this bustling Israeli city.

Nissany has not trodden a conventional route to the top levels of motor racing, having only launched his driving career in 2002, competing in the Hungarian Formula 2000 National Championship and Central European Zone Circuit Trophy. Results came quickly, however, and subsequently, he raced in selected rounds of the World Series Light by Nissan Championship and F3000 International Championship. In the last 12 months, he has also had four F1 tests – two with Jordan and two with Minardi.

“We’re very pleased to be able to announce here in Israel that we have signed Chanoch as a test driver,” says Minardi Cosworth Team Principal, Paul Stoddart. “In the course of the two recent test sessions in which he has participated, he has impressed us with his enthusiasm, his willingness to learn and his fitness. Although Chanoch has not competed in single-seater racing for that long, he nonetheless has experience of a wide range of machinery. As a result, we felt he could be of real assistance with the team’s test programme this year. On a personal note, I derive considerable satisfaction from the fact that, once again, Minardi is able to contribute in a practical way to the very worthwhile goal of raising the awareness of Formula One in an area of the world where the sport has not previously had a significant profile. This can only be a good thing.”

Chanoch Nissany – Biographical Details
    Date of birth: July 29, 1963
    Born: Israel
    Resides: Budapest, Hungary
    Nationality: Israeli
    Height: 1.74m
    Weight: 71 kg
    Marital status: Married
    Hobbies: Running, fitness
    Favourite food: pasta, sushi
    Favourite drink: Mineral water
    Languages: Hebrew, Hungarian, English

Race Career
    2002 Formula 2000, Hungarian National Championship (Szasz Motorsport) - Runner-up
    Group E-2000 FIA Central European Zone Circuit Trophy (Szasz Motorsport) - Champion
    2003 Formula 2000, Hungarian National Championship (Szasz Motorsport) - Champion
    Group E-2000 FIA Central European Zone Circuit Trophy (Szasz Motorsport) - Champion
    World Series Light by Nissan Championship (Szasz Motorsport) - competed in selected rounds
    2004 Formula 2000, Hungarian National Championship (Szasz Motorsport) - Champion
    F3000 International Championship, official test driver, Coloni Motorsport - competed Hungaroring, Spa and Monza rounds
    Formula One, tests for Jordan Ford and Minardi Cosworth
    2005 Formula One, official Test Driver. Minardi Cosworth

• Nissany is confirmed as testdriver. He won't be testing on the Fridays of grand prix weekends though. You could call him the 4th driver I reckon.

http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=others/05/02/02/AUTO_Minardi.html
  • This guy Nissanyi has seen 41 summers come and go . We might as well have gone the whole hog and signed Nelson Mandela or Father Christmas .... both would have brought needed cash ( well Santa might)

Or what about the Pope --- easy travelling from St Peters.
  • I was in the conference today.
    Details will follow....

http://www.formula-1.co.il/images/2004/Picture.jpg
  • He's in hospital.
    Otherwise...
  • This guy Nissanyi has seen 41 summers come and go . We might as well have gone the whole hog and signed Nelson Mandela or Father Christmas .... both would have brought needed cash ( well Santa might)

Or what about the Pope --- easy travelling from St Peters.
    Oh, my.... is it you? it can't be, i mean... I'm old now and my eyesight is getting worse but... is it really you?
  • If you look at it this is great news.
    The fact that Minardi has a test driver that doesn't test
    fridays at the races means that Minardi is planning
    to do some testing during the season to develop the car
    futher and beat those Yellow cars :cool:
  • How old is that guy? Some pages say he's 41, others say 43. So, what is right?
  • I'd say: Shalom Chanock!

Good to have you on board. Might open us to some new possibilities.
  • So, wait. We signed a 41-year-old test driver?

Maybe there is still hope for my racing career...
  • shame we didn't call lavaggi back.

Anyway, Shalom Chanock.