Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Webber!!!!!!!!

Finally the lad has hit a purple patch.

I love to see his team mate MS Jr grimace after being so cocky when he wins.

Speaking of MS I think his overtake of Alonso was ok, and Trulli's overtake ??????

Lets see if Webber can continue the form.

Comments

• For me the most interesting part of the race was Schumacher overtaking Alonso at the very end. Of course Webber drove a superb race, but you'll have to agree with me that the two Red Bulls at the front didn't bring much excitement.

The FIA says the race finished in safety car situation and that the safety car left the field not to obstruct the view of the finish for television cameras. Ross Brawn says that by leaving the track the safety car situation ended and that overtaking is allowed after the pit entrance has been passed.

I think Ross is really stretching the regulations here.
  • I agree with Ross. The lights went out on top of the safety car and it left the track.

You either race in a yellow safety situation or you don't. The FIA can't have it both ways just for TV. The race should've finished behind the safety car.
  • Well, you are never going to get much out of Monaco, but Fred made it fairly interesting early on. Great call by the team to bring him in when they did.

Webber was extremely good, and poor your Vettel is having a little chicane in his road to the top, however my view is that the team took an enormous risk in holding back that first pitstop.

Clearly, they wanted to have the ability to put their drivers back on the track exactly where they came in, without having to wait behind someone else to pit, but it could have gone horribly wrong. Once everyone else had pitted, the Red Bulls were hugely exposed to a safety car. Had there been one at that time, they were stuffed completely. It didn't of course, but what a risk to take. Red Bull never seem to consider betting the margins; it's always all or nothing.

The major teams would have to be fairly dispirited at the moment. Red Bull have a car that is a second faster than everyone else, everywhere they go. That is scary. without taking anything away from Webber, he was able to moderate his gap at will on a track that allows only the very very best to push hard all the time. Both in Monaco and in Spain, the Red Bull seems to be not being pushed too hard, and that is a worry for everyone else.

What a difference a year makes eh? The Swervemaker has gone from favourite son, come treasured consultant at TOIT, to being the subject of a TOIT protest. What a difference a year makes.......
  • I find it interesting looking at Vettels body language. He seems to think HE should be the 'chosen one' I don't think Webber had that attitude when Vettel won??? I hope it continues for the rest of the year, as driver 'musical chairs' seems to be starting to happen. Webber to Ferrari - why be second fiddle to Alonso?
  • No way for anyone else but Red Bull, at the moment. Seb and Webbo will soon take a huge lead if this trend continues for other 3-4 races. And tracks like Istanbul or Valencia, with dry condition, seem to not be promising anything different. Montreal and a rainy Silverstone, perhaps....

Definitely, Alonso and Hamilton have been a bit unlucky so far, but they (and Ferrari and Macca) need to wake up asap, if they want to be in the fight for the title in November. Very dull Massa, instead, I guess it still takes time for him to regain the best form after Hungaroring '09 accident. Or maybe not........

Good to see Webbo winning, and Vettel grimacing. The boy is a champion, but to learn a bit of humbleness won't make him any bad. At the end, anyway, I hardly see Mark having more points than him.

As for M$, he's the usual swervemaking bastard: it is clear, in the rules, that the end of the sefaty car regime is AFTER the finish line in any case, even though the safety car pits.....so Ross can talk as much as he wants to stretch the interpretation, M$ penalization is unavoidable!
  • Piston, you're spot on. Vettel's body language after the Spain race was shocking, a little, but not much better, at Monaco.

He must be wondering where the old dog in the next garage is getting it from. I think he saw Mark as a handy asset early on, but no real danger to him. Shoe's on the other foot now.

Bring on Turkey.