Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Another Aussie???

Tost casts doubt over Toro Rosso driver line-up

Judging by comments made by Scuderia Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost, Sébastien Buemi perhaps ought to be looking at his options for 2011, with suggestions that Red Bull reserve driver Daniel Ricciardo could oust the young Swiss ace from his seat
Despite the pair already being confirmed for 2011, Sébastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari might do well to keep an eye out over their shoulders in the coming weeks, after Scuderia Toro Rosso team principal Franz Tost conceded that 'you never know what will happen in F1'.

The subtext behind Tost's veiled threat is that reigning World Series by Renault runner-up and last year's British F3 Champion Daniel Ricciardo's impressive outing for Red Bull Racing in the post-season young driver test in Abu Dhabi last week has set tongues wagging at Faenza.

The 21-year-old Australian is the best-placed of the energy drinks company's present young driver programme crop, and comfortably pacing the field on both days at Yas Marina behind the wheel of the double world championship-winning Red Bull RB6 can have done his chances of F1 employment in 2011 no harm at all. The current RBR test and reserve driver has admitted that he now feels as ready as he can be to graduate to the highest level [see separate story – click here].

“We pushed [Enrique] Bernoldi, [Christian] Klien, [Vitantonio] Liuzzi and [Scott] Speed without a breakthrough,” mused Red Bull motorsport advisor Dr. Helmut Marko. “Daniel Ricciardo is the next top talent. A new [Sebastian] Vettel? I don't know.”

[Edited on 24-11-2010 by PistonBroke]

Comments

• What would have been impressive would have been to jump in the Torro Rosso at the test day and do a sub 1:40.

He'll get eaten. There has got to be a reason why out of all the speed merchants that go in, only a couple stay for any length of time.
  • What's that saying, "Better to die on your feet than live on your knees"...