Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

New teams

The F1 annual was one of my presents this year and the most interesting section, of course, was on the new teams. In depth interviews with Gascoyne, Willis and the Virgin guy John Booth re-energised my enthusiasm for the little guy. It is amazing to hear the inside stories of where they were this time last year.

In contrast, the chapter on STR held little interest. Paul Stoddart was correct all along. If only Minardi could have hung on for a few more years AND he hadn't fallen out with Max.

Comments

• If Stoddie could have resisted, even in the 2000/2005 deminutive fashion, also for 2006 and 2007 (which could have happened also if he hadn't fallen out with Max, who was happy to see the Minardi name disappear just to get rid of him), starting from 2008 we would have seen again the 1988/1994 Minardi: we could easily be at the same level as Force India or Sauber, and fight for points at every race, ready to snatch a podium when possible.