Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Comments

• Well, not a surprise that both Hamilton and Button clearly declared the car is back with respect to TOIT and Red Bull.....

Red Bull seems the n.1 this year as well, even though TOIT seems to have hidden its values (they never declared with how much fuel on board they lapped....).
    Massa is up or out, this year.
    Bernie, meanwhile, keeps with his Carnival jokes: this year, his "idea" was to water the tracks during the races.........
    Imagine how much such irrigation plants would cost, and, in many tracks, for 1 race per year.....and he's also back with the story of the medals......
    Let's see, instead, if the movable flap and the return of KERS will produce some more surpass.
  • Somebody should get that thing lanced!!! Ouch.......
  • That's testing equipment, surely?

They do seem to be in trouble though. Brundle reckons the thing looks awful trying to go around the track. The drivers are saying nothing at all, which is a big worry, and Whitmarsh is saying that everything is fine, which is like an undertaker saying that the funeral went great; no problems.

Still, it aint how fast your car is this year that will matter so much as whether your car can care for its tyres well enough to do one less pitstop than everybody else.

Something tells me this season is not going to go at all well. Kubica may have reason to be well comiserated that he is sitting it out.
  • I don't think Melbourne will give us a real guide as the track is not abrasive and it may be wet.

1 pitstop races could be a thing of the past, where now 2 or probably 3 pitstops will now be the norm.

Some quick thinking on the pit wall could decide results this season.
  • is that a bulge on your nose cone or are you just happy to see me?
  • Its a bulge.

RBR seem to have done the most race distances in testing.
  • We also need to see what is going to happen with Pirelli tyres.
    Somebody (Horner) complained about their quick deterioration, but isn't it what was requested by FIA to Pirelli?

Agree with Roo, this year the winner will be who will be able to consume the tyres a bit less and make in more circuit one pitstop less than the others.

Meanwhile, Bernie declares himself against the new proposal from Todt about a new 4-cylinder engines from 2013, in order to save fuel and to be green (arguably agreeable with, F1 is a 20-event championship, it is not going to save the earth anyway, and it has to be regarded as the tip of the iceberg of research and technology; ecology has to care about the mass pollution, not about F1), and that the most important and loved thing in F1 is THE NOISE OF THE ENGINES.
    And for once, let me be in full agreement with him. The noise of the engines at the GP start, when you are there on the spot, is one of the greatest sensations you can ever feel in life!!!!

[Edited on 17-3-11 by manlio27]
  • As Martin Whitmarsh says, it is impossible not to smile when you turn up for testing and hear that noise as you get out of your car. 4 cylinder TURBO. Oh, what's the point?