Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

The (last?) Istanbul weekend

Let's see if we see this great track and city for the last time in F1.
News news: Mike Coughlan, after the two year ban and a stint in nascar, has joined Williams, in a last desperate attempt by Sir Frank to get back closer to the top. At 65, patrick Head will instead retire at the end of the season to dedicate himself to other interests. Big honour to him for his career, even though, according to several source, he has never been an easy person to deal with, to say an euphemism...and his limited managing abilities costed Williams the 1986 title while Frank was at the hospital (even though Frank itself, in 1981, had not been much better.....)

Kubica's insurance will have to pay Euro 100,000 to the Italian hospital that treated him.

Murdoch, in consortium with the Italian group Exor, is trying to buy the F1 commercial rights. Apparently there was a preliminary meeting with Bernie, who, anyway, clarified he is not going to sell anything.....

Meanwhile, on track TOIT is fastest on the rain, but, when it gets dry on the second free session, he goes down to 11th, with Macca and merc dominating the session, without Vettel, who crashed heavily in the morning under the rain.

Tomorrow, finally, engines will roar seriously. Let's see if Macca can be a match for RBR or if (as I fear) Seb will easily win again.

Comments

• Nothing to do, complete, total and absolute RBR domination in the practice!!!

Has any of you guys spotted why Massa did not come out in Q3? He could have made at least a P7, that is still better than P10!
  • They are all saving tyres.
  • post-race.
    Great race but am now convinced we don't need the flappy wing; those passes are totally artificial and unnecessary.
    Seb is streaking away with this one and I don't see anyone reeling him in a la Button in '09. Top dogfight between the Macca boys again.
    BBC did a great side-by-side comparison of Seb and Webbo's quali laps. It demonstrated, corner by corner, how, where and why the boy is faster. Wider lines, earlier on the gas, more apex speed.

Good news re: Turkey. Despite the empty grandstands, Bernie says he will do all he can to ensure it stays on the calendar. If only he would get rid of the other Tilkedromes ...