Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Oz GP

Not a bad race in the end. Plenty of action.

The usual start to a race here and the usual obligatory crash at turn 1.

Congrats to Jens-picked him to win. I knew Clewlis would be fast over 1 lap but not 57.

Red bulls were better in the race with Mark getting one of his typical lightning starts losing only 4 spots!!!

Mercedes may be faster with more downforce but still rough on the tyres. Should be on pole in Malaysia, and maybe a top 3 finish.

Ferrari did what I expected, struggle. With Alonso they are the best of the midfielders, with Massa they are the best of the strugglers. Still can't get over how ugly that cars is.

Williams finally have some speed. Pastor was doing great till he binned it.

Torro Rosso more of the same. Well done Ricciardo.

Macca, cream always rise to the top. Surely in the box seat at this stage.

Sauber have picked up the pace.

HRT and Marussia should just go home.

Caterham, really can't see the improvement.

Thought it was a good race, plenty of action with lots of dicing. Good to see Kimi back with his usual sense of humour and that Lotus has potential. Doubt that they can maintain it though.

Comments

• Pretty fair summary, except maybe a bit harsh on Glock. He drove pretty well.

What do we do with Webber eh? He got away reasonably well, but then backed out of the first corner when he saw that is was going to go badly. That would be fine if all the guys behind you though the same thing, but they all just plowed in anyway, so he copped it in best bumper car tradition. Very lucky to keep going and very, very lucky to get a free pass with the safety car. His result flattered his early part of the race.

I absolutely loved watching Ricciardo. He was right there in the first corner - even if a bit dumb to go outside first coner in Melbourne. Got what he deserved there. But from that point, his race was very good. Again, lucky with the safety car, but he kept going flat out and should never have caught his team mate, let alone pass him on the last lap. If he ikeeps raciong like that, he WILL be one to watch. Vergne on the other hand was reasonably timid, but being his first race, I doubt you could take much from his result.

Poor old TOIT have massive problems, and one of them is what to with Massa. He won't be in the car at the end of the year, of that you can be certain.

Good to see the Williams with some pace, and they could be in for a good year. Not sure about their drivers though, and there really should be qestions about whether either of them are up to racing a car with that much pace. Maldonado seems to be modelling his driving style on Kamui, and he will have to be a bit more careful on the track. I was quite surprised when he punted Grosjean off that he didn't even get investigated.

Lotus was..........what exactly?????? Was the car fast, or is it a qually machine. Kim was crap in qualifying and fast in the race. Grosjean was awesome in qualifying and we didn't really get to see in the race.

Agree in regard to Catterham. Underwhelming would be the best term.

Force India must be worried. They just weren't aywhere until Di Resta got a break on the last lap with all the turmoil.

Macca are the team to beat, and that must be certain. They are quick in qualifying, quick in the race - I don't think Button had to try all that much to stay in front - and they are kind on thier tyres. Watch out everyone.

Merc made me smile. Rosberg's race pace indicates it has very narrow operating parameters, and yet if you can get the thing to the front in qualy, then it's all down to driving from there.

Lastly, full marks to Vettel. He drove sensibly, took advantage of each opportunity, looked after his tyres, and that pass on Rosberg was just fabulous.

Melbourne is not the best indicator of the season to come but here are some thoughts:

Tyre care is going to be everything this year. That puts Button and Vettel at the top, and guys like Hamilton and Webber behind the eight ball. Merc, and TOIT absolutely have problems with their cars adn tyres.

The drivers have to drive their cars a bit more this year until all the aero upgrades kick in and whislt that is in focus, we will have some interesting qualy results.

At the end though, you have to like Button for this year.
  • when will they learn that at this time of the year it rains in the afternoon in that part of the world?
  • Great win by Jenson, followed by a MIA in Sepang (and another thread) ...