Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Lease's hero in hospital

The pope is in the Gemelli hospital in Rome.
I know Lease is closed in his room to pray for him. ;)
Are you doing the same? :angel:

Comments

• Nothing against the bloke, but hopefully he'll die (joke) and they'll install someone more relevent to modernise the church (or else it ain't gonna last much longer...).
  • may God help him
    (Clown, I agree about church modernisation, but today is not the moment to talk about that)
  • Modernisation? Hell noi we need to go back to most of the tenants of Vatican 1.

I want my Church back - the rest of you can become Episcafailures if you want "modern"

Get well soon Your Holiness!
  • A silly old Polish git is sick in hospital. I hope he gets well. I also hope that he and his successors use their power for good, but that's asking too much.
  • As regards health I am with the man. When helath issues are around, you need to simphatize. But theoretically he is a conservative pope AND HIS SUCCESSOR will also be a conservative pope as usual, and at the sime time people continue to leave the church.

The Church is still against divorce, the use of contraceptives, is still agaisnt woman's rights or gays etc...

Society today is different from the one in the middle ages when the priests used to go around selling indulgencies!
  • eheeh, what you say, neil, is a very simple way to talk about serious problems...
    anyway, I'm not a conservative catholic and I'd love to have, after Wojtyla, a John XXIV instead of a John Paul III, if you know what I mean.
    It won't be. But the Spirit knows the way to operate in men's hearts.

And about the things you wrote...
    Is the catholic church against women's rights?
    I may agree. But I'm sure that we two are thinking of different rights.

Is the catholic church against gay's rights?
    I may agree. But I'm sure that we two are thinking of different rights.

And the fact of considering YOUR vision the only right one is as "confessional" as the Vatican's attitude.

I'd like a church that go back to its roots, that is not the mass in Latin like Quig says... "Episcafailures", nice one... I just think that the real progress for catholics would be not in looking forward, but looking back at what the first church was. I guess the Vatican should just look more in Jesus' direction.

But I won't say more cos it's too difficult for me to speak about such an important thing in a language that is not mine.

• The man will never die. The man has been ill for the last 100 years and keeps going........he's a bloody robot I tell you........he's not human!!
  • A silly old Polish git is sick in hospital. I hope he gets well. I also hope that he and his successors use their power for good, but that's asking too much.
    You're drunk again Lease :spank:
    Matt's right, he came from the future to kill the Connors, Arnold Wojtylegger. Not the governator but popetor
  • He's back to hospital.
    They say it's only a flu.
  • He's just had a tracheotomy, he was having problems breathing.
  • He still breathes????? :o
  • In a Lord Vader kind of way.
  • the man is strong. He can't last long, but he's a rock, really.
  • Who cares about this old man? Another will take his place. church will be the same of the last 1000 years:spank:
  • evidently you have no idea of what the church was 1.000 years ago. At that time priests could get married.
  • no but don't we somehow agree that a company as big as the catholic church would need a more dynamic CEO?
  • ehehe, ask Quig, ehehehehehehe
  • ps forza papa
  • CNN headline today "Pope waves from hospital window"

guys, he'll be off to see the faithful in Botswana in no time:angel:
  • evidently you have no idea of what the church was 1.000 years ago. At that time priests could get married.
    Dressing/ ethic codes may have changed, but it's still the same multinational. The nly big difference now is that they don't have their own army any more. But surely still have investments in the defense industry.
  • But surely still have investments in the defense industry.
    Don't you? Its all the rage you know.
  • how come you didn't nominate condoms:hehe:
    broken record we say in Italy;)
  • It just blows me away that on a Forum on a Formula 1 website The Pope and the problems of the church have such a following.
    ROLL ON SUNDAY!
  • The Church does not have problems - the weak practicioners and the heathens are the trouble.
  • Noticed a news article in the Sunday paper in regard to the Anglican Church.

Seems that the US and Canadian churches have been shown the door for their liberal ideas on homosexuality.

So the Church of England ceases to be a 'world' church and instead becomes a loose conglomeration of 'similar' minded practitioners.

How I laughed.

One down, two to go.
  • The lesser Christians just don't know how to get the job done.
  • [quote]But surely still have investments in the defense industry.
    Don't you? Its all the rage you know. [/quote]

And the money and the power. I'm peaceful but I like power (political scientist), hence I'm keen on them. Of course US is leader by far, but lately I'm more and more interested on Asian rocketry developments.

Quig you probably like the Inquisition, don't you bud?
  • Noticed a news article in the Sunday paper in regard to the Anglican Church.

Seems that the US and Canadian churches have been shown the door for their liberal ideas on homosexuality.

So the Church of England ceases to be a 'world' church and instead becomes a loose conglomeration of 'similar' minded practitioners.

How I laughed.

One down, two to go.
    Anglican church is so funny:hehe: