Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

browser

I always used Internet Explorer, but recently found Mozilla Firefox.
Now I use both, to evaluate which fits me more.

What do you guys prefer????

Comments

• Can that alsobeused on a PC???
    I thought it was MAC-only.

Btw, Firefox runs on MAC as well.
  • Yes, it is only for macs - I plan on trying the Firefox as the Borg will not support IE for Macs anymore.
  • Depends on which machine I'm working. Most of the time Firefox or Konqueror.
  • Mozilla/Firefox.
  • Firefox (IE gives me rage)
    Occassionally Konqueror if Firefox is unavailable.
  • For the Mac the release version is 1.0. Typically I run when I see anything with x.0.

However, after seeing this thread I went and installed it on one of my mighty macs.

I like it.

However, it is very similar to Safari - like a stripped down version but it does stream better than Safari.
  • 3.0Litre Fuel Injected V6. It's Ok.
  • Firefox is good and certainly less bugs than IE but there are problems with Firefox working with sites that use Active X. Some very secure sites like Online Banking just dont work on Firefox.
    Ps try Thunderbird as a alternative to Outlook for email - not bad.
  • used Opera for quite a while on my old computer (because IE kept crashing) but some sites will tell you you need to update your browser (suttons for example) even though it would be able to display it but because they don't recognize your browser's ID they won't let you access the site. That's why I use IE, latest version which has been perfectly stable. I'm forced to use Safari and an Apple at one of the Internet places in Siena, jeez, so complicated. My house mate last year was a Linux crack

"Look at it Rob, it's so sweet and stable"
    "So how do you do this and that"
    "Well, I can't at the moment"
    "Why?"
    "I need to install this and that which requires me to reformat the whole thing, set those parameters manually and download this app from that dodgy Web site"
    "Sweet stuff, mate, sweet stuff"

Twist and turn it however you want but the most hassle free approach to computing is Win+IE
  • Firefox is good and certainly less bugs than IE but there are problems with Firefox working with sites that use Active X. Some very secure sites like Online Banking just dont work on Firefox.
    Ps try Thunderbird as a alternative to Outlook for email - not bad.
    I keep an install of Opera around for this reason.

Edit: RJ, Firefox is a full and legit release of the Mozilla/Netscape browser. Are you talking of Linux distros or Mozilla releases?

[Edited on 3/2/2005 by Jello_Biafra]
  • Like Minardus I too use both Firefox and IE. If I had a choice I'd uninstall IE, but you can't. I tried to do that last time and it screwed my system and I had to reformat the whole drive and install XP again. So now I use both cos like some have said in this thread Firefox is not readily accepted by some webistes although it is so much quicker than IE it's unreal.
  • www.apple.com/switch

When will you people learn?
  • www.apple.com/switch

When will you people learn?
    When YOU pay me a new machine !!!!;)
  • Oh dear oh dear............

My games PC would turn into a useless piece of junk if I bought a MAC.........

What games can you play?.........hmm solitare, scrabble, oh you can buy games for it, not many of them admittedly and they'll only cost you £450 each
  • Isn't it possible to download games with a MAC ???:o

:hehe:
  • Sure matt but with all the pissing and moaning that you people do and all the time spent loading and unloading and patching and f'n with your systems when the hell do you have TIME to play games.

Plus, I think the Clancy games are now available. I think Donkey Kong as well.

• This guy clearly knows nothing of Mac and how macs run. Note to the author - Macs are different than PC's. That is why they are better. Besides, if you can't even figure out how to plug in a monitor you really should not be commenting on computers.

Oh, considering OSX to be "stripped down" 'cause it does not have some some WinTel mail program....

• This guy clearly knows nothing of Mac and how macs run. Note to the author - Macs are different than PC's. That is why they are better. Besides, if you can't even figure out how to plug in a monitor you really should not be commenting on computers.

Oh, considering OSX to be "stripped down" 'cause it does not have some some WinTel mail program....

That's why I find it so funny. :) The author shows how he knows nothing about Macs and makes a total idiot out of himself at the same time.

The whole article is intended as a joke by the way ;)

[Edited on 3/2/2005 by Stan]
  • Oh dear oh dear............

My games PC would turn into a useless piece of junk if I bought a MAC.........

What games can you play?.........hmm solitare, scrabble, oh you can buy games for it, not many of them admittedly and they'll only cost you £450 each
    Heres a good little clip about MAC gaming.
    http://www.roosterteeth.com/archive/download.php/?id=499
  • If you want to game, just buy an Xbox or an PS2

Lot cheaper and you can just hook it up to your big screen TV and
    Dolby Surround.

For real computing I use Linux with Konqueror or FireForx
    Konqueror being ideal to get into IE only sites (which version of IE shall
    i pretend to be today :cool:)

Oh and at the odd times that i work i use Linux too
  • NoClue gets it :D
  • Twist and turn it however you want but the most hassle free approach to computing is Win+IE
    And the most hassle free aproach to getting layed is to hire a toothless, STD carrying prostitute...

[Edited on 5/2/2005 by Clown]
  • I think Donkey Kong as well.
    Thats the game and watch ones LCD ;)
    If you want to game, just buy an Xbox or an PS2

Oh dear oh dear.........X-box and PS 2 are for people who want sub standard gameplay.........simple games, crap graphics etc etc.........get a PC and get serious with games.............
  • Rafa don't listen to Quig. He keeps moaning about PCs, adoring macs and all that stuff... Lost battle since the beginning. Xbox , Playstation etc are nice for bloody/car games, but can't do anything else. PC is great for strategy games and everything else works there, no need to have 5 machines for every single thing you have to do. I have IE in case Mozilla doesn't work, bu tI finally got rid of all the spam, popups.

Telstar LOL