Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

R.I.P Jack Brabham

Sad day for motorsports, the last pioneer of Formula 1 and World Champion from the '50s has left us, aged 88. The only one able to win a title with his own car, and able to compete for the Championship till he was 44 in 1970.

Stirling Moss and Tony Brooks are now the only ones left representing that era.

Comments

• Good Grief!

I had not heard this until I looked at your post. I imagine it is on the news, but I haven't been out all day.

Very sad. Great competitor and opportunist. His feat will never be repeated, though it must be said that as far as building the car is concerned, there was also Ron Tuaranac.

I have an enduring memory when Brabham & moss lined on the grid at mount Panorama for the 1976 Bathurst touring Car race. There was so much hype about it, then the bloody car didn't get off the start as the gearbox jammed. They got it going after a couple of hours so the fans could see the great men driving, but Moss eventually blew the engine.

Love the pic

• RIP Sir Jack, a very sad day but a man who lived a much longer and fuller life than most of his contemporaries and achieved vast amount in F1 and motorsport in general.
  • From one old RAAFie to another, Per Ardua Ad Astra Sir Jack.
  • RIP Black Jack. Hard as nails, like all true champs. Love the image of him pushing the Cooper over the line.

Got to interview him at Goodwood a few years back and he was, as you would expect, a true gent. + there is a Minardi connection (there always is). He turned up at the pre-GP 2002 Melbourne street demo (not to drive!). Am pretty sure, in those days of internet cafes, that I rushed to one to email pix to RJ.