Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

New Jordan

Comments

• And they also removed the wing from the engine cover.
    I noticed that. Interesting....
  • Isn't that area where McLaren are experimenting?

Am I the only on who thinks that Faenza is hold their cards extraordinaryily close to their chests?

We've heard things, but we've seen nada.

It's either a complete abortion, or very special.

Marc
  • from a friend in Faenza:

As you may imagine, here is like a nightmare, other two weeks of passion and then everything will be ready and the race team will leave for Australia. We are working very hard in these days, as every year in February. In addition, we are also busy with the new car that we hadn't last year, so we really have to time to eat a pizza!

I know it is hard over there but the rewards could be huge. Good job Faenza - we don't need news we need results!

FORZA MINARDI!
  • GO GO GO BOYS. I'm thinking P1.

Forza Minardi.
  • [quote]it looks quite the same, but it's still very unlikely Minardi will close the gap.

[Edited on 9/2/2005 by Steve]
    Mind explaning this..? [/quote]

does it need explaining??

it's very hard to close a gap like that, especialy for a team wich has such litle funding as Minardi and only 90 people working for them.
  • It does need explaining and your explanation is lacking a bit. We've yet to see lap times for the Jordan or even see the PS05.
  • At least Minardi makes public their testing times. Even if it was raining or snowing !!!

The fact that Jordan has yet to make public any times could mean that they are horrible !!!!!!;)
  • at least Jordan already have their new car ready! ;)

come on: at the last few GP's the gap between the fastes Jordan and the fastes Minardi in Qualifying have been:

3.7 seconds(China)
    4.5 seconds(Japan)
    and 0.8 seconds(Brazil)

closing a part of that gap would be incredible for a team with Minardi's resources, but closing it completely would be a miracle.
  • at least Jordan already have their new car ready!
    Ya, the old car with 05-aero. If you think this way, Minardi has also the new car ready (the PS04C) but unlike Jordan, we're building a totally new car!
  • One has to remember that the PS04B was a PIGGGGG on full tanks. Combined with our questionable drivers competing against Quick Nick then you can begin to explain the qualifying differentials. Minardi has some ground to make up but it also has some areas of the car that can be improved vastly with very little resources or money. The 04B was carrying around a third less ballast than any other team, an area that can greatly improve balance and handling. The suspension geometries dated back to 01 or 02. The engine will have 60bhp more, which means more downforce without sacrificing straightline speeds. It's calculated that 15 BHP is worth around .2 tenths on average. That alone puts us up .8. Not to mention the weight savings and lower CoG of the TJ.

See what I'm saying?
  • it's very hard to close a gap like that, especialy for a team wich has such litle funding as Minardi and only 90 people working for them.
    Don't buy it. Minardi have never had much money, but they did have the innovation and the ability to make the most of the resources given to be COMPETITIVE in the old days. Nowadays it seems to me that we as fans have convieniently forgotten this.
  • Steve as Homer points out, they don't have a new car, it's last years car with this years aero. They were only planning to have a new car mid-season and that was befroe the Midland takeover.

I doubt Midland are going to be too keen on spending millions to build a new car mid season when next years car is being built by Dallara! what Jordan are looking at doing thisyear is what Minardi has had to do for the last couple of years, fiddle together a car not designed for the engine it's connected to. From Imloa onwards ours will be a brand new car, designed around this years aero and the new engine.

GO FAENZA. It's time to start kicking arse and chewing gum. WHAT ,NO GUM, then let's just kick arse........
  • GO FAENZA. It's time to start kicking arse and chewing gum. WHAT ,NO GUM, then let's just kick arse........

Outstanding OZ - I'm going to borrow that version from you.

It is good to head into this season with more enthusiasm than I/we've seen in years.
  • This is the one, boys. This is the one.
  • this is really weird... I'm even sensing some optimism from Matt. Is the sky not falling? Has hell frozen over? Whoever stole the real Matt and left the new one... good job.

Possibly, with Valentines Day coming up, he's in a good mood because thats his best shot of the year?:hehe:
  • :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
  • Either that or we better be on the lookout for 4 horsemen.
  • Go right ahead Quig. I'm feeling pretty good about '05, from Imola on we need to be imaginative regards strategy, and to be putting the cars into situations to take real advantage of any situations that come our way.

we may look like gooses on some occassions, but it could pay big time if it works our way, but we have to be there to make the most of it.

Let's go boys and girlsfrom Faenza, just know the whole world is behind you.

And to borrow one from the Yanks.

"Minardi, Sempe Fidelis."
  • On the closing the gap topic I'm sceptical.
    Jordan - Yes it looks like last years car, but they had plans in situ for a chassis upgrade last year. It never took place due to lack of finances.
    The Toyo engine is likely to give Jordan just as much power as Minardi will derive from Cosworth. So they'll stuill be up on power.
    The question surrounding Jordan is whether Smith had enough time to address the chassis' problems, or was his time taken up with the new regs and the new engine installation.
    Minardi - the problems are no investment, no R and D, no testing.
    3 weeks in the windtunnel is probably not going to be nough. They need 3 times that figure.
    The thing thats likely to screw Minardi is the lack of testing. The 05 car looks as though its been penned without much knowledge of the single race rubber. Get the suspension geo, weight distribution wrong and its going to hell in a handcart.
    On the plus side Freisacher is miles ahead of the drivers Jordans got.
    As I said before, if Jordan are around 2.5s ahead again Minardi might be able to cut the deficit. Shame really, the team need the money for ninth spot.
  • "The 05 car looks like its been penned without much knowledge of the single race rubber"

Has someone seen the 05 car? Wont all the 05 cars have been penned without much knowledge of the single race rubber?
  • Cars won't (shouldn't) be visually different because of the rule. I think what Petrol means is that Minardi doesn't have the mileage of the top 8 teams do on the new rubber.
  • Yes thats what I meant. I also should have said 8 weeks in the windtunnel.
  • Come on Petrol - you have to be at least the little bit excited about the first NEW car in ages.
  • The last time we had a NEW car we scored 2 points in the 1st race.
    To those that go to Imola: Be Prepared, Bring the Champagne !!!!
  • Spumante or Cava for me!
  • My enthusiasm went south when I read about this old car debacle.
  • The last time we had a NEW car we scored 2 points in the 1st race.
    To those that go to Imola: Be Prepared, Bring the Champagne !!!!
    Yes, and only 7 cars finished that race, the only cars behind Webber was a Toyota(they had their 1st race) and his teammate. that litlle finishers does'nt happen often.
  • Champagne? Oh don't worry, I will be toasted myself if Minardi do well at Imola ;)
  • Champagne? Oh don't worry, I will be toasted myself if Minardi do well at Imola ;)
    I told ya he was a drunkard :P